Battlefield

"Dun... Dun... Dun..."
The sound of banging gongs erupted in the air, signifying the commence of their battle. Xie Yi stood on the frontline position of their lineup. Her fiery eyes scanned past the twin's formation, before they were directed to the distracted man behind her.
"Stay behind me and don't move. Watch me carefully, Xiao Jun. We'll win, I'll make sure we do."
Xie Yi said without giving him any more glance. Once her voice that was as clear as glass entered his ears, Xiao Jun felt as if a bucket of cold water was poured all over him, waking him up from his pathetic inner struggle.
No matter how terrified he was, he was after all a big man. How could he hide behind a girl's back and let her fight by herself?
Xiao Jun gritted his teeth. With heavy footsteps, he came to Xie Yi's side and whispered to her ears.
"Xie Yi, later on, can you keep the two busy on your own? I'm a plant ability user. I'll function better as an assistance provider."
Xiao Jun suggested, not expecting Xie Yi to agree in such a nonchalant manner. She had only raised an eyebrow at his suggestion, before nodding obediently.
"Okay."
"I'll help you restrict their movements from the side. All you have to do is distract their attention from me. Once they let their guards down and expose a flaw, I'll bind them to the ground with a surprise attack and only by then can we win against them."
"I understand."
"Most initial-ranked ability users aren't adept in close combat. In this aspect, you may have an advantage over them since you're using a spear. Therefore, once the match begins, I need you to straight up charge towards them and disrupt their momentum."
"Alright. I'll do as you told me, Xiao Jun." Xie Yi muttered with her back still facing him. Xiao Jun didn't know what her expressions were at this moment however, somehow, her agreeable response seemed to have stirred something within him.
"Xie Yi, protect yourself well and don't let them hurt you. If you can't hold them back, surrender. I won't blame you."
Xiao Jun no longer said anything else after that as he returned to his position. The exchange between them was so soft and faint that no one could hear what had happened between them. The only thing obvious for the onlookers was the fire within Xiao Jun's eyes.
'Great. Hope you two won't disappoint me.' Interest flashed through Xie Lin's eyes when he saw the significant rise in Xiao Jun's fighting spirit.
On the stage, Xie Yi planted her spear onto the hard platform. She watched patiently as the mediator raised his hand, shouting with an energetic voice that heated the crowd below as he did his countdown.
"On the count of three, you may all start your move!"

"One... two..."

"Three!"

The mediator's loud and blaring voice trailed off in the air as his figure flew down the stage in a hurry.
In the instant the mediator finished his words, Xie Yi raised her spear and swung the shaft to point its sharp blade towards the twins.
With her two feet firmly pressed against the ground, she powerfully thrusted herself forward, her figure bursting forth like a launched bullet. Her movement was so fast that one could barely catch the glimpse of her flashing shadow.
Caught off guard, still silence fell upon the nearby onlookers before they exploded into fiery cheers of excitement. Never had they expected a cripple to perform such an astonishing speed!
Faced with Xie Yi's incoming attack, the Xie twin devils didn't move an inch from their spot. They glanced at her figure indifferently as if she was an insignificant fly, before they simultaneously closed their eyes.
9 seconds. Xie Ling estimated that Xie Yi would take at least 9 seconds to reach their position. It wasn't a long period of time but it's more than enough for their form of attack to materialize.
With their hands clasped together, a surge of cooling energy rose from their rigid figures, one calm and collected while the other ferociously sharp and chilling.
Gradually, a thin layer of ice sprung out from the ground beneath them while the aquatic glow enveloping the twins' figure grew thicker and turned to that of a brighter color.
7...6...5...
In the mere count of seconds countable to ones' fingers, almost half of the arena had been covered in a layer of ice, emitting a breath of freezing chill that slows down one's nerves upon coming to contact.