Chapter 25

I didn't have time to think as I rolled to the side, reaching out and snagging my sword while I was at it. I was in the nick of time as only seconds after I moved I heard a thump and looked to see a body hit the floor.

I jumped to my feet and pulled my sword out, but this time I was greeted by another sharp shwing. There was no time to think as I blocked the stab with my own.

I threw my scabbard and pistol that were on my weapons belt away so I could completely focus on the blade that was rushing towards me with great force and speed. I wished that I had had more practice with Adonis, as I was so unprepared to defend myself. I hardly knew what I was doing.

I felt the jarring impact of the person's sword and mine flew out of my hand. I was dead. I felt a rough shove and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. I felt cold steel greet my neck, slowly gaining pressure.

How were the other girls not awake from the clash of our swords? From the bang of my pistol hitting the ground?

"Help!" I screamed as loud as I could, but was hit over the mouth and gasped in pain. I felt arms go around me and begin to pull. I struggled and fought, but I was no match for my kidnapper. I wasn't strong enough.

I continued to thrash in their arms, but it did no good. I screamed again, since his hands were around me and felt a sharp pain in my back. I groaned, knowing there would be a large bruise there in the morning-if I made it until then.

We reached the door and I knew it was over. I was being taken away from the only people in the vicinity to somewhere on the massive ship. I could be thrown overboard or my body could be hid in a one of the thousands of rooms.

Crack! I heard a low scream of pain and I felt the arms weaken around me. I dragged my leg back and connected with my captor's leg and another scream of pain filled the air. I pulled away and ran across the room towards my sword, not bothering to look at who had saved me.

I picked it up and ran back over to the man lying on the floor. He didn't look familiar, so I imagined he was one of the new crew members. I pushed my sword against his throat, but he hardly noticed as he held his arm, cringing in pain.

There was a pool of blood around it, and I looked around, trying to figure out what had just happened. By my lantern that had somehow survived the flight was Justus. Her hands were raised and closed around my pistol, staring at the man in shock.

"Justus, it's okay," I called while keeping my sword on the man. "You didn't kill him; you're going to be okay."

I shot a glance her way and saw her hands begin to shake, but I couldn't keep my focus on her. She would recover soon enough. I had a larger problem on my hands at the time.

"Who are you?" I growled, glaring at him. He was young, definitely in his twenties. He had long black hair that was in a ponytail. He had multiple piercings and his bare arms and chest were covered in tattoos.

The man just glared at me back with frightening black coloured eyes. I heard a few whimpers around the room, but blocked them out. I had to deal with this man.

"I said who are you? Why did you come here?" I pressed the sword a little more into his throat with each word. By the end of my sentences, there was a small flow of blood that was going in multiple directions, dripping onto the floor.

"I came here for you. That's all you're getting out of me."

I took his word for it and without removing any pressure off his throat, I turned to face Justus. I was surprised to see that she had five other girls around her. I turned to Tymber, figuring she was the most reliable and level headed of the group.