KANKURO

Everyone sits in front of a rectangle black screen as it lights up in white.

"What do you think it'll show first?" Kiba asks Naruto beside him.

Naruto grins. "Me!"

Kiba rolls his eyes. "As if! What donyou think, Shikamaru?"

Shikamaru just shrugs and leans back in his seat.

A slash sound.

Everyone turns their attention to the screen as it blacks out then in bold letters a name appears

KANKURO

"Haahh?!" Naruto yells. "Him?!"

Temari looks over to Kankuro who stares at the screen with shock. She smirks. "Looks like you're up brother."

He groans.

-
In the land of the sand at the Kazekage's tower stands Kankuro, much older with a different set of purple paint design on his face.
-

"Woah... your old!" Naruto yells.

Kankuro snaps his head towards the blonde. "Huh?!

"Yeah you do look much older." Sakura says. "I wonder how much into the future this is."

-
"And where do you think you're going?" Kankuro asks.

The camera pans downwards and on the screen a young boy with dark hair and red paint lining his eyes and cheeks.
-

"Who's the kid?" Temari questions.

"Could it be your son?!" Ino asks leaning in her seat to get a look at the sand siblings.

"Huh?? I had a kid?" Kankuro stares at the screen with fear(?) or disappointment(?). Whatever it is—
He didn't seem happy with that idea.

-
The boy stares up at Kankuro with a blank look for a moment before he turns and starts to walk away.

"Ah—ah!" Kankuro yells and grabs onto the boy's arm. "We talked about this Shinki. You're dad's going to kill me if you run off again."
-

"It's not my kid!" Kankuro yells out a bit too overjoyed.

"And you're happy from that...?"

Kankuro crosses his arms. "Yup!"

-
The kid—Shinki's frown deepens as he tries to tug his arm away from Kankuro. "Father will be fine if I'm gone for only a few minutes."

Kankuro shakes his head tugging the small bly towards him easily. "Nope! No way! You're unfortunately under my care today and I don't need Gaara up my back."
-

"Huh?" Temari looks over to her youngest brother. He was sitting between Kankuro and Temari.

His face remained the same but there was a slight twitch in his expression.

Naruto cranes his neck to look over to the sand siblings directly to Kankuro. "What does Gaara have to do with it?"

"Like hell would I know!"

"Come on! We're trying to watch!" Sakura yells and yanks Naruto back to facing forward.

-
Shinki huffs under his breath and slumps beside Kankuro. "You're lame, Uncle."
-

"Uncle?!" A few people yelled.

"Uncle—then what? The kid is Temari's?" Ino asks.

"It's obviously Gaara's son, idiot!" Sakura yells. "Why do you think—"

Temari shares a look with her brothers and in sync Kankuro and Temari eyes stare down at Gaara. The youngest folds his arms over his chest and leans back. A realization between the three of them that a few others in the room didn't seem to piece together yet.

-
"Lame?!" Kankuro's eye twitches.

Shinki looks up with a look that tells Kankuro he meant what he said. Kankuro groans.

"Fine but I'm going with you."

Shinki hums and instantly takes off with Kankuro yelling behind him to hold up. Stepping a foot outside Kankuro was hit in the face with black iron sand.
-

"Oh!" Suigetsu yells as he flinches in his seat. "Damn!"

-
"Seriously?!" Kankuro groans.

The screen pans towards Shinki who stares at his uncle with his hand outstretched.
-

"What's that? Black sand?" Naruto asks, leaning forward.

If there was any doubt of Shinki being Gaara's son it was all gone now as they saw the similar manipulation.

"Definitely Gaara's," Tenten mutters.

-
In seconds Kankuro is sprinting at Shinki. "Brat!"

Shinki turns almost tripping and runs off, occasionally snapping magnetic release towards Kankuro. It quickly turned into a car and mouse spar.
-

"The kid is really keeping you on your toes there, Kankuro." Temari glances at him. "You getting rusty?"

Kankuro huffs. "Ha! As if!"

-
The spar draws out though the screen makes it appear to go faster. Just before Shinki is sending a wave of iron sand and Kankuro getting ready to deflect it a wall pops up between Kankuro and Shinki. A wall of pure tan sand.

As Shinki's attack hits the sand it deflates and a voice is heard off screen.

"This is where you two were."

Shinki and Kankuro both looks over and simultaneously say:

"Father."

"Gah—Gaara!"
-

"It's Gaara!" Naruto cheers, earning a light kick to his feet by Sakura.

"Be quiet!"

-
"Uncle forced me to come outside to spar with him," Shinki says as he walks towards Gaara.

Gaara is barely in the frame as he looks down at Shinki. "Is that so?"
-

"We can't even see him!" Kiba complains.

-
Kankuro frowns in frame from the blatant lie. His voice is heard but his mouth doesn't open to speak.

"Yeah, I'm never having kids. Shinki and Shikadai are enough."

The screen fades black.
-

"Huh?!" Kiba voice echos. "Was that it?! That didn't tell us anything!"

"It told us that Gaara has a son," Shino says.

Kiba turns his head with an unpleasant look.

"And that Kankuro really doesn't want kids." Ino rolls her eyes.

"Who's... who's Shikadai?" Hinata asks in a soft voice. It was the first time she's spoken since they got here earning everyone to look over to her.

Hinata cheeks flush with all the eyes on her. "Well... Kankuro mentioned—mentioned someone named Shikadai... so..."

"Yeah who's that?" Naruto chimes in again asking Kankuro.

Kankuro's eyes twitch in annoyance. "Again how would I know?!"

"Must be another kid," Neji says.

Lee holds up a fist, "Another kid Gaara has?!"

Naruto whips his head towards Lee with wide eyes. "Woah you think?!"

The screen lights up in white again.

"We might find out!" Tenten grins.