Chapter Two: The Wand

MAL, PAYTON, AND EVIE all walk into the boys' dorm room. Looking around, they see Carlos playing a video game and Jay going through a collection of random things on his bed. Mal looks around at their nonchalant attitudes and makes her way over to Jay.

    "Jay, what are you doing?"

    Jay smirks, "Well, Mal, it's like buying whatever I want except it's free."

    Payton laughs, "Yeah, Mal, it's called stealing. You should try it sometime."

    Jay high-fives the girl as Mal scoffs and picks up one of the random objects.

    "Okay," Mal starts. Payton rolls her eyes because she can already feel the sarcastic remark about to be made. "You could do that, or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world."

    Evie smirks, "You sound just like your mom!"

    "Thank you!" Mal remarks, happily.

    Payton mumbles to herself and the boys, "It shouldn't be a compliment that woman is crazy."

    The boys both nod their head, eyes wide, but turn away before Mal can see and lose it on them.

    "Well," Jay starts, clearing his throat, "you do it your way and I'll do it mine."

    Carlos starts begging Jay to come try out the video game he discovered, Evie starts looking at herself in her mirror and Payton lays herself down on Carlos' bed, tired of all the bullshit.

    "Guys!" Mal yells, catching their attention, "Do I have to remind you what we are all here for?"

    "Fairy Godmother, blah blah blah," Jay starts, "Magic wand, blah blah blah."

    His statement makes the rest of them laugh, even Payton, before Mal silences the room, "This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents! To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel! Yeah?"

    Although Payton was not there for the same reasons they were, Mal's statement still hit home with her. She wasn't there to prove that she was evil, but she was there to prove something nonetheless. She was there to prove that her father didn't make a mistake when choosing to raise her. To prove that she is just as invested in the Neverland business as he is. To prove she's worth something.

    Everyone nods and Mal looks at Evie, "E, mirror me."

    They all gather around the table as Evie tries to use her mirror, but it takes every word she says to the extreme, so Carlos pulls it up on his computer.

    "2.3 miles from here."

    As everyone starts to run out of the room, Carlos gets distracted by his game, making Payton laugh and yell his name, "Carlos!"

    "Coming!"

    As they run up to the museum, they realize they don't know where the entrance is, or which entrance they need to go in at all for that matter.

    "Come on, check your mirror," Mal says, out of breath from just running for 2.3 miles.

    "Why?" Evie huffs out, "Is my mascara smudged?"

    Mal scoffs, "Yeah, and, hey, while you're at it why don't you find us the wand?"

    "Sure," Evie says, checking herself out in her mirror, "this way!"

    They all run up to a door, peeking through the door, and when they see the security guard start to turn around they all move out of the way until he turns back toward the screen. They look at the historical item directly in front of them and the boys and Payton start laughing.