Chapter One: The Introduction

ONCE UPON A TIME, in a far away land full of fairytales and dreams come true, was a very powerful couple, that couple being Belle and Beast. When they decided to tie the knot, they decided it was time for all the heroes and good guys around them to do the same so they created what is now known as "The United States of Auradon." And in this world of everything good, held no evil, or anyone interesting to be honest, because they booted them to a place called "The Isle of The Lost."

    That is where our story starts. With me and all the other villain kids who got locked up because their parents acted on their intrusive thoughts. We'll discuss my story in a minute, but let's get some other introductions out of the way first.

~~~

    A young man stood on a small pedestal with his big blue eyes cast out the window staring over at the island across the way. His thoughts are going a million miles per minute, to the point where he can't even hear the words being said by the semester taking his measurements for his suit for his upcoming big day.

    Once the big golden doors open, his head snaps over to where his parents are walking through the door.

    "How is it possible that you are about to be crowned king? You're just a baby!"

    King Adam. Tall, burly man who even in human form still holds the strength of the beast, mentally and physically.

    "He's turning 17, dear!"

    Queen Belle. Petite, soft-spoken, gentle woman who saved the beast from himself. She lives up to her name, which means beauty, daily.

    "Hey, Pops," Prince Ben, son of beauty and the beast, says to his boisterous father.

    "17?!" The king asks incredulously. "That's far too young to be crowned king! I didn't make a good decision until I was at least.. 42."

    Belle scoffs, "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

    "Well, it was either you or a teapot."

    King Adam's joke makes Ben laugh and his eyes light up. He wants a love like this someday. He wants to always have a reason to laugh and smile. He wants to tease each other from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep.

    Belle, on the other hand, gives her husband the stink eye for his joke until he lovingly kisses her forehead and whispers in her ear, "I'm only joking."

    "Mom, dad," Ben says, making his parents look over at him. He goes to take a step off the pedestal, but the semester stops him so he takes a firm stance where he is, "I've chosen my first official proclamation."

    Both parents look at each other in joy and gasp, silently waiting for their son to continue.

    "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost.." Ben starts before taking a breath, "should be given a chance.. to live here in Auradon."

    Their faces drop along with the sweater Belle was holding. They aren't given the chance to respond before Ben continues to speak, the passion growing in his voice, "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned!"

    "The children of our sworn enemies.. living among us?"

    Ben tries to console his father, "We start out with a few at first only the ones who need our help the most."

    Belle starts to nod her head, feeling herself go on board with the plan. The compassionate side of her agrees with her son. Growing up in Paris, Belle saw lots of poor children, and she knows there are probably a lot of children who need help. Especially Gaston's child and wife.