-16

this chapter is a little dark 🐓​​​​​​​

"A story for Sakura"

...

Several hours had passed. It was very late, and despite knowing that you would soon have an unconventional exam, you weren't sleepy.

You turned your head towards the small clock on your nightstand.

It was four in the morning.

"You should go to sleep, you know?" Sakura suggested subtly. Even though she didn't express it, you knew she wasn't sleepy either.

'Yes, I suppose you're right,' you murmured as you shifted into another sleeping position.

"you know, My face doesn't look good with dark circles, I suggest that—" and you stopped listening. Your mind drifted back to what had happened earlier.

Now that you think about it, Sakura doesn't know much about you. She doesn't know your history or what you've been through.

You felt bad; she was blindly trusting you without really knowing you.

You swallowed, were you really going to tell her everything? Now?

It wouldn't be a bad time. If your plan failed tomorrow, at least she would know something about you before you disappeared.

At least... she could say that she knew something about you because you told her.

"...I'm just saying, it would be mutually beneficial, you wouldn't ruin my face, and I would be happy because my face would look beautiful as it should be—"

'Sakura.'

Sakura stopped talking when she heard her name from you. "Yes?", she questioned curiously.

'I think I've been unfair to you.'

"Uh?, Why do you say that?"

'I haven't told you anything about me—', Sakura interrupted you before you could finish.

"No, no, no, it's not necessary!" she exclaimed, "if you're talking about what happened earlier, I can wait until you feel comfortable", she assured you, sounding nervous, you wondered why.

Was she worried about offending you?

'It's okay, I want to do it', you smiled, trying to reassure her.

"Oh, are you sure?"

'Yes', you remained silent for a moment, trying to think of how to start.

Sakura, perhaps sensing your indecision, spoke, "hey, it's okay if you need a bit more time..."

'I had a little sister.'

There was a brief silence after that statement. "What happened?" Sakura asked you, in a low voice, almost whispering.

You took a small breath before speaking again, 'a long time ago, my family and I lived in a small town'

You smiled as memories of your childhood flashed through your mind like a movie. 'My sister and I used to play in our room about we were big mutant monsters, except she was the heroine who saved the city from me... since I was the villain', you chuckled softly with nostalgia.

'She used to say, 'look at me, I'm a big monster with lots of plants that shoot laser beams'. And I would say, 'and I'm a monster made of cactus'.'

You let out a soft sigh before continuing, 'sometimes I would get so into the role and she would get scared. I didn't want her to start crying and wake up our parents'

'So I would say to her, 'don't worry, no monster will catch you when I'm here. Your big sister will always protect you', you settled further into bed as you felt your eyes starting to moisten, 'and then a monster came and took her away... and I wasn't there.'

Sakura didn't say anything, maybe she didn't have words to give you. She didn't know what to say to comfort you and that was okay. '... She disappeared a long time ago and none could ever find her.'

'Everyone searched for her for a long time. Even though two years had passed, we didn't want to think she was dead. Reality hit us when we entered her room and it was full of dust', you felt a lump in your throat, 'it's my fault... I should have been there for her.'

A ghostly warmth enveloped you, it took you a moment to realize what was happening, Sakura was hugging you.

And if Sakura noticed your silent tears, she didn't say anything. Gradually, you fell asleep, with fond memories of the past running through your mind.

...

//Ninja secrets//

-When Y/N's sister disappeared she was 10 years old.
-The reason why the reader decided to be a hero was so that no one would have to go through what she had to go through.
-and so that no girl would get lost again.
-The age difference between the two sisters was two years.

...

Gallery:

...

Happy Women's Day🌸love u beautiful girl <3