A Showdown At La Iglesia

Once they made it inside the old church, the others turned to face the girl with saddened eyes. She didn't realise but the grief and devastation were as clear as day to anyone with eyes, with her blotchy cheeks, red-rimmed eyes and uneven breaths. But once she saw the looks, Vienna decided to stop. To put her grief on hold for the time being, for the best of the situation. They needed to be strong if they were to fight. They needed to stand tall to save Scott and Kira. So, for her to be emotional in this scenario, it could cause a fatal error. She couldn't care less right now if it was for herself. But if she caused one of her friends, her pack, to be hurt, just because she couldn't hack it, she couldn't take it any longer.

As if she had a switch in her mind, the grief and sadness were pushed aside. She liked to think it was something Chris would do – compartmentalise. If he could carry on fighting after losing Allison, she could fight like hell after losing Derek. She'd be damned if she let his... death be in vain.

All that remained on her face now, as quick as a flash, apart from the dried tears, was a stone-cold expression.

Stiles noticed right away, squeezing her hand in concern at her now icy expression, "Vi—"

"Let's save Scott and Kira" she stated, after taking a deep breath.

Peter quickly took the lead, directing them through some of the tunnels, ducking under the rubble as they ran through.

That was until Peter came to a sudden stop, "okay everyone stop! Stop, stop, stop, stop!" Once everyone followed his lead and stopped, Peter tried to form an actual game plan. "We gotta figure out where we are, then we gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira"

Despite not trusting the man, Vienna agreed with the plan Peter suggested so she decided to go along with it. That was until a shrill ringing cut through the rumbling building.

Stiles rushed to pull out his phone from his pocket, surprised at the name of his father flashing across the screen.

"How do I even have service..." he mumbled to himself before answering the phone, to the horror of the others. More so Vienna. Their dad will be irrefutably furious, and they didn't need that now. She didn't need that.

"Hi dad" Stiles answered, and Vienna slapped her hand to her forehead in annoyance. As the call went on and Stiles' voice grew more frustrated as he bargained with their father, Vienna could see Peter's agitation grow and she felt the suspicion within her body with every sigh he breathed out. Why was he in such a rush to save them? It's not as if he was the biggest fan of Scott – quite the opposite really. It wasn't difficult for her to assume that he had some kind of ulterior motive. But it wasn't as if she could call him out on it.

Hearing Stiles mention the lack of communication they've been able to have with Lydia and Mason made Vienna let out another shaky breath, fearful for their safety too. She hoped that they were okay and not in any trouble. But with what was going on right now, she knew her hopes were simply that. Hopes. Realistically, she knew that something was going on at the school. It made her feel worse that Mason still remained in the dark about the supernatural because of Liam not finding the strength as of yet to tell his best friend that he was a creature of the night. It was understandable, of course. But Mason could be in danger right now, with no way to properly protect himself from the Berserker, that they suspected to be the reason. Vienna could only wish that Lydia will be the badass she is, to save the day. If not, hopefully their dad would show up right on time.

When Stiles finally finished his call, he walked back over to them. His posture seemed a little less tense, with the knowledge that Lydia and Mason were soon to be safe, letting them focus on the task at hand – to save Scott and Kira.