The Visions, What Do They Mean?

It was back to the temple for Valerie. After her successful liberation of Alderaan. Drake and Valerie weren't needed for another assignment right away. Valerie insisted on some training but Drake ordered her to get some much needed rest after falling into the ravine on Alderaan. Drake went off for some training with Rickshaw which left Valerie alone to walk through the Jedi Temple.

Valerie turned her head to look out the giant windows of the temple as she made her way to her room. Nighttime has risen but the busy city of Coruscant lit up the dark sky. As she walked, she twirled her newly braided padawan braid. Her master had braided it while the two of them were on their way back from Alderaan. It excited her when her master picked the colored beads for her hair. The three beads for the top of her braid being white, purple, and blue and the three bottom beads to her braid were black, red, and gray. She wasn't 100% sure why he had picked those colors, but he had reassured her that the force guided him into picking those colors. She smiled at the sentiment.

"Padawan Ortis!" Someone yelled and Valerie turned around to see a Tholothian youngling running up to her.

Valerie smiled. "Katooni, please, call me Valerie. How are you?"

"I'm great!" She smiled. The two girls continued their walk. "I heard you just got back from Alderaan, how was it?"

"So good. I even saved two senators." Valerie said. "And what are you doing up so late? Do you have lessons early tomorrow?"

Katooni nodded. "Yes I do, I was just on my way back from studying in the archives."

Valerie looked at the young girl. "Were you alone?"

"Yea, I usually study alone."

"Hmm, perhaps you shouldn't."

"Why is that?"

"Because that can get lonely at times." Valerie knelt down and put a hand on her shoulder. "If you don't, go and make some friends. It's more fun to study that way." Katooni nodded. "Good, now go and get some sleep."

"Will do!" She started to run off but turned around and waved. "Goodnight Valerie!"

Valerie waved back. "Night Katooni."

Walking a few doors down. Valerie ducked inside her room. It was only about three rotations but she couldn't help but miss the beige walls. She didn't realize how tired she was until she laid eyes on her bed. Placing her lightsaber down next to her, she gladly climbed into bed and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was pain.

A deep pain that Valerie couldn't begin to describe. Like she had just fallen a thousand feet from the air and landed on her back. She tried to move but her body refused too. She was also very cold.

Valerie managed to slowly peel her eyes open. She didn't know where she was. The air had a thick fog covering her surroundings. She laid on the cold dirt. Across from her was another figure. Their back was to her.

They laid unmoving.

Valerie tried to call out to them but no words came out. She didn't recognize the armor they were wearing but all Valerie could feel was just how important this person was to her.

"Hey..." Valerie barely managed to squeak out. She tried her hardest to move but her body still fought against her, like she was stuck to the ground. She managed to outstretch her hand towards the person but they were just out of reach. She tried to stretch further and as soon as her fingers grazed their back-

Valerie shot up in her bed, she was heavily panting. Sweat dripped from her forehead as she looked around the beige room. She was safely back at the temple and not wherever she was.