• Shopping •

- M A T T E O -

It's only been a few minutes since I had left Kingston's office, and I was starting to get worried about Athy.

I don't understand what could be so private that he needed to speak with her alone. And that's why I had this searing headache that my curiosity caused me.

I was already planning on eavesdropping, but that imposing huge door confined every bit of their conversation inside the office.

Besides, Theodore was walking in the hallway, I couldn't risk being caught in the act.

Growing up, I always wished for an older brother. I imagined how cool and amazing it would be to have one by my side, other than Athy.

So, when I learned that I not only had one but several older brothers, I was ecstatic. Well, initially, I wasn't.

I was shocked and taken aback. How could Mom and Athena have kept such a huge secret from me? The fact that they knew about them and never bothered to tell me hurt deeply.

However, meeting them was nothing like I imagined. Their attitude hurt more than I expected.

It doesn't really feel like my presence is appreciated here. None of them acknowledged my existence, which Athena told me was an amazing matter.

But it's not, mostly because I've seen them occasionally talk to her, not all of them, only a few of those who had an ounce of courtesy.

I know that she lived with them until she was about five, so she must still remember her childhood with them.

I've never known them. I've never lived with them. All I've ever known my whole life was Athena, my Athy, and now, they want to rip her away from me and have their fair share of time with her.

I decided to take a walk around the vast mansion to familiarize myself with our new living space. Despite having lived here for a short while, I hadn't had the chance to explore it thoroughly.

There was so much to discover, and one thing I remembered hearing about was an indoor pool. The idea of yielding in such luxury thrilled me, especially now that we were residents here.

I eventually found myself at the entrance of the indoor pool area, climbing down the stairs towards the indoor pool when suddenly, the sound of chatter and laughter reached my ears.

My steps slowed as I recognized the voices -those of the younger brothers, the twins or the ones Athena referred to as the "brutes."

A sense of unease crept over me. I hadn't expected to encounter anyone, especially not them, in the pool area.

I contemplate the idea of crawling back to my room, but finally, I decide to stay by the pool area entrance, concealed from view as I lean against the mirrored wall, careful not to draw attention.

"So, Kingston finally decided to bring in those two, huh? Thought he was adamant about leaving them to the social workers' care," A guy I failed to recognize said, his tone laced with amusement.

"That's what he initially said until he shocked us all." Raffael chimed in with clear irritation.

The man chuckles. "Athena must have grown up, and that little guy, what's his name again?"