(Chapter 3) NONCHALANT?

Today's Tuesday and kaka gising lang ni Briar due to her noisy alarm clock. Everyday at 5:30am siya gumugising to go buy cup noodles or pancit canton or anything edible na available sa supermarket nearby for her breakfast kaya't after nyang mag ayos ay pumunta na agad sya dun. Mga two blocks from the left lang din naman kasi.

***

After nyang kumuha ng dalawang canton ay agad na syang pumila. Usually kasi may customers nadin na mas maaga pa sa kanya, buti nalang dalawa palang sila ngayon.

Medyo matagal tagal na din syang naka tayo sa likuran ng lalaking naka harap sa stante ng napansin nyang di naman ata ito gumagalaw. Naka talikod din kasi ang cashier kaya't nilapitan nyana.

"Kuya bibili ka po ba? kung hindi po, pwede pong paki tabi nalang po nag mamadali po kas......" di na sya nakapag tapos ng isang maamong mukha ang sumalubong sa kanya. KAY AGA-AGA NAMAN NG BLESSINGS MO LORD. Agad-agad syang tumalikod at pinag pupunas punasan ang mukha nya.

"Ang aga-aga pa miss, maninira kana ng araw?" ani nito sabay yuko para pagmasdan kung ano ang pinag tatakpan nito na alam nyana din naman kung sino kahit naka balot pa ito ng cellophane.

"tskk dipako naligo bat ka kasi nan...."

"Ahh miss sorry, ano pong sayo?" pag putol ng cashier na ikina saya nya. "ito po" at agad-agad nyang pinabalot ang pinamili nya sabay alis without saying a word. Hindi na sya pinansin ni Xecon na busy kaka type sa cp nya. ILAN KAYA BABAE NITO? she thought before completely leaving the supermarket.

***

"Good morning Prof. Suan" They all greeted.

"Likewise, be seated"
"So today we're going to discuss about Counseling since hindi natin ito na tackle last meeting. So, shall we start?" he added.

"Sir, yes sir"

"Counseling is a Talking therapy as what Mr. Delrama said yesterday which is actually true. But, according to Nystul (2003) Counseling is a form of Art and science because......"

While the professor was busy with the discussion, Briar was also busy overthinking. WHY ISN'T HE HERE YET? ISN'T HE JUST BUSY TEXTING WITH HIS HAREM A WHILE AGO? DON'T TELL ME HE'D RATHER CHOOSE TO SPEND HIS TIME WITH HIS GIRLS THAN ENTER CLASS? WHAT IF HIS SILVER WARNING REACH 12 DUE TO THIS BEHAVIOR? WHAT IF B*BO NGA PALA TALAGA SYA?

Until a familiar voice entered.
"Good morning Prof. sorry for being late" 
"Come in. Stand in front. and do a 1min summarization of why you are late." says the professor and comfortably sat on his chair as if he already knew the reason.

Xenon goes in front as he was told. While everybody's  watching his every move, some of them are gossiping some giggling and some even badmouthing him in secret.

"Good morning everyone, I Xecon Delrama standing here in front and humbly asking for your pardon. I am late due to my un-organized class schedules which is also my mistake. I fully know that I'm an ABM student and I also know that UE only gives 3hours of vacancy for every student in their overall full-day classes. I forgot to submit my request form to use my 2hrs vacancy as a sit-in student here in Humss for the 2hrs subject namely SOCSCIE. Please do pardon me."

He kept his head lowered as everyone were murmuring their personal opinions. After a while the professor then ordered him to sit and the discussion continued.

The moment Xecon sat, Briar's mouth never stopped blabbing. She keeps asking questions here and there like: Where've you been? I thought you're that busy with your harem to skip classes? So have you guys made up? they didn't possibly found out that you're flat nosed ain't they? you're actually an ABM student? why'd you waste your time sitting-in here? and so on.... but still Xecon busted her and continued to do his thing about taking down notes until the prof. caught Briar's unattentive participation.

"Ms. Agustin" the prof. called her about 3times before she noticed.
"Sir, yes sir?" she immediately stood up moments after she darted her vision towards Xecon. THIS IS DEFINITELY YOUR FAULT!

"Have you been listening?" It  took her almost a minute to say yes.

"Now then, who defined counseling as an art and science form?" the prof. added. This was actually tackled way back before Xecon's arrival in which he started to notice her mis-participation.

"Sir?" she asked as her field of vision roam around the surroundings which are half nervous and half happy looking at her. Then she looked at Xecon who was unbothered as sh*t who didn't even spare her a glance.

The professor repeated his question and started loosing interest. So far she've only receive 2 silver warnings for speaking alien language which is Filipino. If ever she'd fail to answer this, she'll receive her 3rd one which will endanger her position as a scholar.

The moment the professor turned his back from them to go sit on his chair, Xecon pushed a note forward that's big enough for her to read and small enough for the prof. to notice. 'Nystul (2003)'

Gladly she successfully escaped her future's future and the professor left afterwards. She was curious at first about how he found out when supposedly he haven't yet arrived during those period of time and why'd he help her, but still she choose to thank him for the time being.

As she was thanking him with all kinds of fluttering words one of their classmates approached them. And asked if have they really finalize themselves as counseling partners for she wishes to team with Xecon.

Briar looked at Xenons nonchalant reaction and was hesitant to answer. Ever since she got elected as their classroom president for the sole reason that she've got the lowest silver warning rates, she've been trying to please everyone in order to avoid future troubles.

Their classmate, Celene repeated herself once again that forced Briar to respond. "Uh, about that you must ask Xenon first for this can't be decided alone. both my party and yours must agree" she calmly explained while constantly glancing at Xenon whom does not care at all.

"About that, don't worry Pres, I'm pared with ateng James she's (he's) find with anyone. You'll literally enjoy her (his) company since she love make overs" Celene said as she sat on the vacant chair Infront of Xenon's.

"So, what do you say Mr.?"