(Chapter 1) I'M A CHEATER

"A pleasant morning Prof. Suan" everyone greeted. high standards ang UE , let the professor walk in class more than two steps without greeting and everyone'll be punished accordingly.

"Likewise, be seated"
"seems like we're still intact? good, good" he added.

"We're HUMANISTA  of course mag-tatapos kaming buo" Briar exclaimed as she stood up proud and clear. "12F, 5M, 2G Walang labis, walang kulang"

Just as the professor was about to correct her wording, A guy with a mask about 6ft. tall and formally dressed entered the Class.
"Good morning sir, My name's Xecon Novie V. Delrama and I am humbly asking for your approval to join this class within your subjects"  head bowed as he speak, showing his respect. Not moving an inch until the professor signaled him to settle. "Guess we'd be having someone new anyway" The professor commented fixing his vision on the Gay duos seated at the back as Xecon is helping himself to the left side of the front row to settle.

As everyone were busy doing their stuffs, chitchatting about their sembreak vacations, the professor knocked his desk three times as an order of attention and everyone fixed their gazes on him. Phones hidden, feet formally aligned, and hands on top of their desks. Just like that, everybody's silent.

"Seems to me that everybody's lively. You may take your time and please submit your assignments here in front. middle aisle format."
SH*T I TOTALLY FORGOT!! or so everybody thought.
moments passed and yet nobody took the initiative to bring forward their assignments. Prof. Suan pointed daggers upon them and started counting 5 down to 1 bit by bit. Still, nobody stood up.

"Ms. Yoldan, please tell us what the assignment is all about" he started.
"Counseling sir" she answered as she stood, painting a nervous look all over her face.
"And what could counseling possibly mean?"
"I..uh... counseling is.. it's...." struggling for words, nobody dares to interrupt not to mention guess answering.

"You were given 2weeks to refresh and relax your minds and yet none  of you remembered to fullfil your responsibilities? never even tried to at least research the word? or do you want to receive your silver warni...."  he didn't get to finish his word when Xecon sprung his shoulders up. "Counseling is a talking therapy that can simply be done in either formal and informal way"

Everybody in class looked at him including the professor. THIS GUY DO HAVE GUTS. They thought as he stood head high facing the professor as if it was nothing at all. Prof. Suan moved closer to him and extended a hand over his shoulder. "You've got a bright future Mr. Delrama." Xecon nodded to show his response. Still, everybody was silent. As Prof. Suan turned over and headed back to his seat, he signalled Ms. Yoldan to sit and then instructed everyone to arrange their seats in an opposite gender format. "You're lucky to be saved for now Ms. Yoldan or else you'd have received your 11th silver warning. At least use this as a warning for everyone to be responsible next time." he added.

Everybody then immediately organized themselves into twos. Smart to smart, friends to friends, lovers to lovers and then here is Briar, paired together with Xecon as she've got none of those connections.
When everybody's settled, Prof. Suan then begun to speak. "You are to be given a new task which is to talk with your partners and tell them something important that they must know along the way for they'll be the ones you're going to depend on throughout this semester. Think of this as an informal way of counseling and try to give your opinions about their chosen confessions"

Everyone's excited excluding Briar. How is she supposed to form a bond with this guy beside her when unlike the rest of the class, they don't know each other. As she was finding ways to interact, she accidentally locked her eyes with his that deepened the tension.

I JUST HAVE TO TELL HIM A THING ABOUT MYSELF, THAT'S IT. IT'S NOT LIKE I'M EXPECTING FOR HIS COOPERATION. WHO IS HE ANYWAY? IT'S AT LEAST BETTER THAN RECEIVING A SILVER WARNING.

"Uh, I'm.." she didn't get to finish when Xenon extended a hand and started blabbing. "You can call me Xen or stuffs, I'm a cheater." Briar accepted her hand and was about to speak when she realized something. "A C-H-E-A-T-E-R?" she asked prolonging each letter and
immediately withdrawing her hands.
"hm"  Xecon nodded not even bothering to explain.
"I'm... I'm in love with you!" a sudden expression bursted within her that left Xecon speechless.
"Do you even understand what you're saying" He asked shaking off his head.
"Yeah, I'm distend to love cheaters." She immediately responded. She was about to explain herself further when Prof. Suan bid his farewell instructing everyone to keep the task going and the submission of the outcomes is not of need for he was planning to hear those updates on the day after their final exam. Just a moment later, the bell rung. First period was over and Xecon left without hearing out a word from Briar. He was off to his next subject.