Chapter 6-Parallax

T'Rina is in her quarters waiting for her daughter to wake up, T'Pel walks out of her room, "you know Sam Wildman's looking after you?" asked T'Rina "yes mama" said T'Pel "good" said T'Rina. T'Pel sat down and T'Rina placed some food down "who's my father?" she asked once again, T'Rina sighed "T'Pel, we've talked about this, I'll tell you when your older and can understand what happened better" she replied. "Okay" said T'Pel her legs swinging as she eats her food. T'Rina walks back to her room and sits down on her bed, she opens her locket, it has holoimages and holo-videos, a video is playing, T'Rina's first Christmas at the Paris' without her mother and father. "Mama, Chakotay's at the door" said T'Pel skipping into the room, making T'Rina snap the locket shut "thank you" said T'Rina "Sam will come and collect you okay?" said T'Rina, T'Pel nods. "What can I do for you, Commander?" said T'Rina as she and Chakotay walked down to the Hall, "I need you to report to Sickbay, you're close to Lt. Carey aren't you?" Chakotay responded "kind of, we were stationed aboard the Phoenix together, he was Chief Engineer" said T'Rina "an incident happened in Engineering, B'Elanna punched him" said Chakotay "sometimes he needs it" said T'Rina "which do you think would make a better engineer out of those two" Chakotay asked handing T'Rina a PADD "B'Elanna" she said looking at the work she's done compared to Carey "thank you" said Chakotay, the two walk into sickbay.

Lieutenant Carey sits up from the biobed, blood streaming from his nose. T'Rina is standing beside Chakotay and Tuvok, she looks annoyed. "She's not just out of control, she's out of her mind." said Carey "if you will explain what happened, Lieutenant." said Tuvok "she hit me is what happened!" snapped Carey.

T'Rina rolled her eyes "that says it all" she remarks sarcastically, it seems her Betazoid father had given her the sarcasm trait, Tuvok and Chakotay side eye her frowning, T'Rina shrugs. "Your nose is broken in three places. I'll need to reset the ethmoid fossa. Try not to move." said the Doctor pushing Carey down on the bed, who sat up once the Doctor had walked off to get something. "We were having a disagreement about the power grid. She wanted to realign the lateral plasma conduit. I told her that would cause an overload. As usual, she wouldn't listen. So I told her to step aside and let me handle it. She pushed me away from the console. I pushed back. Next thing I knew, I was lying on the deck with blood pouring down my face." said Carey.

T'Rina snorted slightly 'good job B'Elanna' she thought, Carey tried to frown at her but failed, Tuvok looked at T'Rina blankly. "Then what happened?" Tessina asked interested "she said, 'Sorry. Maybe you should go to Sickbay.'" snapped Carey when the Doctor came over again "At least she gave you some good advice. Now" said the Doctor. "Ow!" Carey said as the Doctor pushed him back on his back to treat him. "Hold still." said the Doctor "don't worry, Lieutenant. I'll take care of this." said Chakotay "you keep that woman out of my engine room and everything will be fine!" yelled Carey sitting up again making the Doctor push him back down again "ow!" Carey said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T'Rina, Tuvok and Chakotay are walking in the hallway.

"Where is Miss Torres?" asked Tuvok. "I've confined her to quarters." said Chakotay. "I would like her moved to the brig until formal charges can be filed." T'Rina scoffed "formal charges? Come on, Tuvok. We're seventy five years away from the nearest court. Are you really going to hold her in the brig for that long?" she asked "the Captain has the authority to try Miss Torres here on the ship, considering the extenuating circumstances." said Tuvok "well, I'd like to settle this on my own without filing charges and without involving the Captain." said Chakotay.

T'Rina nodded in agreement with Chakotay "she struck a fellow officer. That is a court martial offence." said Tuvok "she's a Maquis, and in the Maquis, sometimes you have to push people out of your way to get things done." said Chakotay "I'm not Maquis, hell I'm Betazoid and Vulcan and I do that sometimes" said T'Rina "Miss Torres is no longer a member of the Maquis, and with all due respect, Commander, neither are you. Allowing Miss Torres to get away with a clear violation of regulations sets a bad example for the rest of the crew. It makes it appear as though you were showing favouritism toward the Maquis." said Tuvok.