The Caretaker-Part 1

Teaser

T'Rina Semara, a Lt. Commander in Starfleet was undercover on a Maquis ship with fellow Vulcan, Tuvok and her daughter T'Pel who just so happened to be a three way hybrid of Vulcan, Betazoid and Human, T'Rina herself was half Betazoid half Vulcan, her parents marriage was arranged due to her mother being part of a prominent house on Vulcan and her father being a maternal cousin to Lwaxana Troi, it was agreed their child would be born on Vulcan and raised there when T'Veen suddenly decided she would rather raise her daughter on Betazed or Earth, the reason she decided that was T'Veen was an Admiral in Starfleet and she met the Paris family who'd been doing space travel for since the twentieth century, the biological Paris's consisted of Owen, his little sister Julia, his brother James, Owen's nieces and nephews, Owen's own children and grandchildren.

The Paris family T'Veen met was Owen Paris, his wife Emerald Paris (nee Gradey) they had two daughters, Elsa and Lauren Paris, Elsa was born in 2342 and Lauren was born in 2343, it turned out Emerald was pregnant around the same time as T'Veen, only Emerald was pregnant with a son, after finding that out T'Veen decided she wanted her daughter bonded with the Paris son, only to find out Emerald, Owen and Temas, (T'Veen's own husband) didn't agree with her, so T'Rina and Tom grew being friends not knowing there was a chance they would've been bonded as children.

In 2360, T'Rina and Tom started at the Academy together and everyone in the Paris family, T'Veen and Temas wanted Tom and T'Rina to marry after they graduated, there wish was almost granted because within six months of being at Starfleet Academy, Tom and T'Rina relinquished control of their feelings for each other and started dating, it lasted until 2364, when a month after graduation Tom killed his friends in a shuttle accident and covered it up before coming clean, once he was cashiered out of Starfleet he joined the Maquis wanting a fight before getting caught and arrested, during all that T'Rina was living on Betazed with her mother and father, who never sold their house on Earth just in case, it was during all of what was happening to Tom that the two mutually agreed to break off their relationship, neither realising that T'Rina was pregnant, T'Rina decided to raise her daughter wherever she went, also as a Vulcan, Betazoid and as Human as possible considering that T'Rina was not a human, T'Pel behaved like a Vulcan child and was very disciplined but she was also empathic, and a rowdy human child, T'Pel like her mother had twice the telepathic power, but unlike her mother had the Human instinct of when and when to not use her powers of telepathy on people.

While undercover, Tuvok who'd formed a close friendship with T'Rina promised that if anything happened to her, he would look after T'Pel, T'Rina didn't doubt it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unhappy with a new treaty, Federation Colonists along the Cardassian border have banded together.

Calling themselves 'The Maquis', they continue to fight the Cardassians.Some consider them heroes, but to the governments of the Federation and Cardassia, they are outlaws.

A massive Cardassian ship is firing at a tiny little vessel. "Damage report." said Chakotay, he seemed to be a Native American with a tattoo on his forehead above his right eyebrow. "Shields at sixty percent." said Tuvok, beside him sat T'Rina and her daughter T'Pel they were actually undercover. "A fuel line has ruptured. Attempting to compensate. Damn it! We're barely maintaining impulse. I can't get any more out of it." said B'Elanna, she was a half Klingon half Human, raised on Kronos the Klingon homeworld "be creative!" snapped Chakotay, "how am I supposed to be creative with a thirty nine year old rebuilt engine?" asked B'Elanna "Maquis ship, this is Gul Evek of the Cardassian Fourth Order. Cut your engines and prepare to surrender or we will d..." said Gul Evek on the viewscreen, Chakotay cuts the transmission.