Chapter Ten - I Just Need Another Lie, To Hide All My Cries

I felt something poking my face and I moved away from it but it continued to poke me.

“Miranda! Miranda! Wake up!” I sprung my eyes open and found myself lying down in the middle of a jungle. Bright light shone on my face. I lifted my hands to my eyes to see what it was, it was Oliver. He was holding a torch with one hand and the other he held a stick that was placed at where I was being poked. When he saw I had woken up he dropped both items and bent down to give me a hug. “Miranda! Oh my god! I thought you...oh my god. Are you alright? You're not hurt or anything right? I was so worried!” I cleared my throat and he immediately let go of me jumping back to stand up. I could see he was really embarrassed. I took a deep breathe in.

“Where...what...How did you find me?” I asked weakly. He held out his hand and I took it allowing him to pull me up onto my feet. As soon as I stood up I got a head rush making me lean on him slightly.

“Um...he kinda...said I wasn't allowed to like...you know...tell you...” He trailed off avoiding my eyes.

“Who.” He winced at my seriousness and sighed.

“Nathan told me you ran off somewhere after you two fought and he couldn't find you anywhere.” His name made me feel faint again and everything came back to me. I felt a deep pain inside my stomach and I wanted to puke so bad. “Miranda? What's wrong?! You're getting really weak! Hey! Talk to me! No! You can't sleep!” I felt my weight being lifted from the ground as I struggled to keep my eyes opened. The last thing I saw was bright white lights. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for death.

“Miranda?” I opened my eyes a little and saw white light. Yes. I finally made it. After all the pain, all the suffering and all the tears. It's all over now. I smiled at the thought. Then something started to beep and I heard something or someone whisper “Don't leave me. Please.” Well it sounded like that anyway. I leaned over to my right to try hear clearer but there was just the beeping noise. I sighed and fell back into deep sleep again.

I felt the wind blow through my hair as the warm sun shone on my face. “Are you excited honey?” I smiled at my father through the windshield mirror and nodded. He grabbed my mother's hand and smiled back at me. He was taking me to Disneyland. I haven't been before and I was really excited. After 30 minutes of disney songs and laughter we arrived and I ran out of the car screaming in excitement. Father took my hand and led me to the entrance.

Hello there sweetheart. How old are you?” A young women with blonde hair asked bending down to meet my eyes.

I'm seven.” I replied brightly showing off my full set of teeth. She patted me on the head and gave me a sticker before standing up and smiling at my Father. I remember how simple it was to smile.

Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Miranda! Happy Birthday to you!” I watched as everyone cheered and then I bent down to blow out my candles. I was ten and this was the first time I had a party with my friends. I made a wish hoping that I would always be this happy. I looked up at my Mother who had tears in her eyes and my father who had an arm around my mother with a huge smile on. I can still see the happiness in their eyes every time they saw me smile or laugh.

Then It was my first day to high school. The way my mother had tears in her eyes when she was telling me how proud she was to have me as her daughter. I remember hugging my mum and giving her a kiss before entering the school innocently and unexperienced. Not knowing what disasters were awaiting me.