Chapter Five - Y Not Jst Punch Me N Let Me Fall? Instead Of Sayin We Had It All

I entered the class room and sat at the very back. I didn't know anyone in this class. I wonder what class Nathan has now...

"We have a new student with us today. Her name is Esther." The teacher smiled. "Please make her feel welcomed!"

"It's Miranda." I said awkwardly as the teacher apologized. I looked around the class until my eyes stopped at a girl sitting next to me, she reminded me of someone...

"Hi! I'm Jenny, Nice to meet you! ." She said staring back at me. I nodded and then looked away. Why does she seem so familiar? Where have I seen her before...?

"Excuse me Mr Shining. Sorry I'm late!" A tall well built male entered the classroom. It was Nathan...so I had class with him after all. His eyes were searching for something or someone and then he saw me. I watched as he sat in a seat across the room from me. My heart sank. "I shouldn't care." I said to myself as I tried to concentrate on what the teacher was saying.

"So...Happiness. Can anyone tell me what comes into their head first when they hear Happiness?" A little blonde girl sitting at the front raised her hand. "Yes Ms Judith?"

"Happiness is when a mother bakes their daughter cookies." Something about her voice showed sadness.

"She doesn't have a mother." Jenny whispered answering my thoughts. Another girl raised her hand and Mr Shining asked her what she thinks Happiness is.

"Happiness is being able to go to a safe place you can call Home." Again their was sadness in her voice and I could already guess why she's at this school.

"Ms Esther. What do you call Happiness?" Mr Shining asked. I saw Nathan turn around with a calm expression. He was so hot.

"Happiness does not exist..." I whispered.

"What was that?

"Happiness doesn't exist." I repeated louder. I watched as Nathan's calm expression changed as he leaned on one hand.

"You are Happiness." The whole class turned to look at Nathan but he looked directly at me and smiled. I stared blankly back.

"Okay...let's continue...So...As you see happiness is very simple..." Mr Shining said breaking the silence.

We shared an ice-cream. Mint chocolate chip my favorite.

"This is sooo good!" I said taking another bite from the cone.

"Indeed." He stared at my satisfied looking face and smiled.

"What?" I looked at him strangely.

"You are Happiness." He whispered hugging me and kissing me on my cheek.