Chapter 3

After the Hatuns showed Prenses Hera around the tribe, Mihrimah was more than excited to the show her the archers and how they are training.

Especially, when Goktug was there too along with Boran and Eva. She would never miss an opportunity to tease the Alp. Hera looked at the Kayi archers in awe, and saw Goktug among them, who also saw her.

''Swing it!'' he ordered some Alps to swing some stuffed animal skin, that they used as target practice and hit it with his arrow.

Mihrimah caught Boran's eye and mouthed 'Do something', as he too caught Goktug's attempt to impress Hera. ''Alpler! That's nothing for Goktug! Swing it stronger.'' Boran said loudly.

''Can you also shot arrows?'' Hera asked the Hatuns, intrigued.

''Go, girl. Show your talents.'' Selcan Ana said to the Bey's wives. Mihrimah and Aygul also tagged along for the fun of it.

Both Bala and Malhun hit slithy beside the middle of the target on the board, Aygul even kneeled down and hit in the same spot as Bala.

''Mashallah'' Selcan praised the women. ''But our most skilled and talented archer is Mihrimah. She is just as good with the bow and arrow, as she is with a sword.''

Mihrimah, motivated by Selcan's words, hit the in the middle of the target. Then, she shot another arrow, which hit through her first now, splitting it.

''How does that happen?'' Hera asked amazed. ''You apparently have a secret.''

Mihrimah smiled. She put her right hand over her own heart and answered the Prenses. ''The secret is kept here, Prenses.''

''But we have another secret. We migrate. And when we migrate, we always take precautions in case of a dangerous situation.'' Selcan spoke. ''That's why we start raising our children when they are young.''

''Both boys and girls.'' Ayşe finished.

''Let's see your talent now.'' Bala urged the Prenses and gave her the bow she had used.

The Prenses took a deep breath and did what was expected of an archer, but the arrow hit far from the middle.

''I knew this would happen.'' Hera said disappointed. ''I can't do it. I am not talented like you.''

Selcan took a step forward and called after an certain Alp. Mihrimah perked up at it and tried to hide her smile. ''Goktug! Come here.''

''Yes, ana?''

''Come.''

''Look, kizim. This is Goktug. He is a talented archer.''

''And one of the best.'' Mihrimah added, only to get elbowed by Aygul.

''He will tell you how to shoot an arrow.'' Selcan reassured the Prenses.

''Astaghfirullah, Ana. I can share my knowledge with her.'' Goktug said.

''But you are, Goktug. You are a good archer. Talent blazes if praised. Tell her how to shoot an arrow.''

''And you can bring our guest back, when the exercise is over, right?'' Mihrimah grinned, only to be elbowed by Aygul again.

Goktug ignored Mihrimah, and replied to Selcan. ''Eyvallah, ana.''

So the two could be alone, Selcan turned her attention to the women. ''Hatuns! I'll bring sherbet for you. We have to cook and do our jobs in the tent. Let's go!''

The hatuns moved to follow Selcan, aside from Mihrimah who pretended to train, but it didn't go unnoticed by Selcan. ''Mihrimah! Especially you!''

Mihrimah pretended not to hear Selcan, but was she suddenly pulled along by Aygul and Ayşe, much to her dismay.