The Emerald Forest

It was just past noon in the city of Vale. The sun hung high in the blue sky above bringing warmth to accompany the cool breeze coming in from the ocean. The citizens of the kingdom's capital were going about their business with many conversing with one another. Many of the conversations that were happening were about the Initiation happening at Beacon Academy. Some of them being family members expressing their pride or concern about the outcome. Even in the Kingdom's Administrative Building.

The Administrative Building was fairly large in comparison to the others around it. It was colored just like every other building around it with ornate decorations built into the structure. Gold statues surrounded the building idolizing the kingdom's former rulers and prominent councilors. One of Vale's current councilors was walking into the building like he has for nearly the past decade. A man getting on in his years with his black hair having stripes of white and grey on the sides. A great beard adorned his face that fit perfectly with his robe-like suit. His brown capelet billowed as he walked through the doors and towards the front deck, and subsequently, the elevator. The young woman who was attending the desk saw him approaching and smiled.

Attendant: "Good afternoon, councilor."

Councilor: "Good afternoon to you as well. Anything happening today?"

Attendant: "People are talking about Beacon's Initiation but nothing of real note. Speaking of which, there's a letter waiting for you in your office."

Councilor: "Really? From who? Another disgruntled constituent?"

Attendant: "No. The letter didn't have a return address, but the person who brought it said that it had some important information for you. Maybe an anonymous tip?"

Councilor: "I see. Thank you."

The councilor bowed his head in thanks as she did in return. He walked past the desk and all the offices located on the first floor. Real estate, zoning, the harbor's administrative office, and others of the like that manage the city. He stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the third floor. The second floor of the building was for the the court halls and the main meeting hall where the councilors schedule a meeting once a month. The elevator doors opened to the third floor which was where the councilors' offices were located. Each of the councilors were responsible for a different aspect of the kingdom. His jurisdiction fell on the management for businesses and land. Anything from the opening of a new business inside the walls to any activity outside of it all fell under his purview. 

He walked into his office which was arguably the largest one out of all the others. There was a large window situated behind his deck which provided him the perfect view of Vale's harbor and the ocean. He came up to the desk and saw the letter sitting in the middle of the desk with its white envelope standing out from the brown and gold coloration of the hand crafted wood. The councilor grabbed the letter, opened it, and read through its contents. He smiled as he took the letter over to the lit fireplace and tossed it in. He watched as the letter and the envelope that carried it caught aflame and were burned into smoldering ashes.

Councilor: 'He's got Ozpin's attention. Just as he planned.'

He walked back over to the desk and sat down. The desk's contents included a terminal to access the Council's database. It was another ordinary day for him just running through the motions. His smile never left his face as he continued to do his work. The plan was finally starting to gain some traction bit by bit. He started to get things organized. After all, the councilor was going to be expecting some company later that night to discuss the next move. To move forward The Great Imperative. Their Grand Plan.

----- Back in the Emerald Forest -----

Two Beowolves crashed into the ground after the sound of metal slashing against flesh rung out. The first one crashed headfirst into a sharp, broken branch impaling into its skull. It disintegrated as the second one got up after losing one of its hind legs. It growled and roared before charging towards Nox as fast as it could. Nox had just dodged the lunge from another one when he noticed the injured Grimm trying to get a second attack in. He snuck in a Force Pull by jerking two of his fingers towards him making the Grimm stumble over its own feet. It rolled and skidded against the ground before his blade sheathed itself right between its eyes.