The Shining Beacon

It was a lovely day in the kingdom. The sky was blue and bright with white clouds lightly sprinkled here and there. Three massive transports escorted by a small number of personal Bullhead airships descended onto the landing bay filled with excited potential students. Bridges extended from the massive crafts locking to the machinery of the landing bays. Once they were secured, the double sliding doors opened allowing all the passengers onboard to disembark. The blonde boy, wearing white and gold armor with a longsword strapped to the hip, ran out first making his way to the nearest trashcan. Everyone walked passed him letting him puke his guts into the bin, including Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long. The two of them walking into a large courtyard as they take a second to take in the sight before them.

Ruby/Yang: "Wooooow."

Standing before them was the infamous Beacon Academy. Large archways of white stone surrounded the courtyard followed by a pond located at its center. The pathway ahead of them lead to two large wooden doors that served as the main entrance into the school. Trees of red and green decorated the ground with banisters lining the pathway displaying holographic flags. Just further down towards the doors was a monument of a Huntsman and Huntress standing vigilant over a Beowolf symbolizing the school's dedication to producing the world's next generation of defenders. Beyond that was the school's main structure indicative to that of a castle. In the highest most tower, large green orbs seemed to hover inside throwing off light even in the middle of the day.  

Yang: "The view from Vale's got nothing on this."

As the two sisters stood there, Ruby's attention was drawn away from the impressive structure. Instead, her focus was now upon all of the other passengers that were walking along the concourse. More specifically, their weapons. Her eyes began to sparkle was she took in all the diversity of weaponry displayed in this one location. If there was one thing that Ruby was known to go crazy over besides cookies... It was weapons.

Ruby: *gasps* "Sis, that kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword! Does he have dual bladed pistols?!"

With this sudden near overload of weaponry, Ruby felt like she could fly. Her enthusiasm drove her to wander over to the students. She began taking note of the weapon designs that her eyes could see. Some were simplistic in nature while others were more complex or ornate. If given the choice, she would have swooned over all the weapons around her for the remainder of the day. However, she was pulled out of her fantasy when her older sister grabbed her by the hood and yanked her back next to her.

Yang: "Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons."

Ruby: "JUST weapons? JUST WEAPONS?! They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Ohh! They're SO COOL~!"

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby: *hugs weapon* "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people... but better."

Yang: *pulls over hood* "Ruby, c'mon. Why don't you try to make some friends of your own?"

Ruby: "But why would I need friends when I have you?"

As Ruby asked her older sister that question, Nox had approached close to where they were. He stood behind a tree taking care as to not interfere too soon. For now, he wanted to observe and wait for the right moment. Yang saw her school friends close by and gave Ruby a quick farewell. A farewell that caused the poor girl to spin on the spot and become disoriented. Yang and her group made a speedy departure towards the school's main entrance. That's when Nox saw an oncoming dolly filled nearly to the brim with white-colored luggage. 

Ruby: "Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I have no idea what I'm doing..."

In her state of confusion and disorientation, she had no way of knowing the approaching dolly behind her. Her confusion finally got to the point where she tripped over her own feet and fell backward. Luggage went everywhere as the dazed Rose laid upon the stone pathway. Nox made his way from behind the tree and over to that spot. He stopped in his tracks when he saw who made their way over.