6. Moonlit Memories

As Akshi walked through the corridor, lost in her thoughts, she remained unaware of the silent figure following her. It was Abhay, his steps echoing hers as he quietly trailed behind, his heart heavy with concern for her.

Feeling a wave of sadness washing over her, tears began to well up in Akshi's eyes. The realization that her long-time crush and love, Abhay, was soon going to be married hit her with an intensity she couldn't bear. She couldn't shake off the regret of not having the courage to express her feelings for him earlier.

Each step she took felt heavier, burdened by the weight of unspoken words and missed opportunities. 

Abhay felt sorry too, but neither of them said anything. They both carried the weight of unspoken words, lost chances, and a future that felt uncertain. Akshi just wanted a moment alone to ease her pain, unaware that Abhay was silently watching, feeling his own sadness.

As her tears silently fell, she said

ek umar hai jo bitaani hai uske begair,

aur ek lamha hai jo mujhse guzara 

nhi jaata...

With every word she spoke, he felt sadder from behind. He wanted to approach her, to tell her everything. But just then, he got a call from Advika.

 But just then, he got a call from Advika

Advika: "Hello? Is everything okay?" 

Abhay's gaze followed Akshi as she vanished into her room, her sadness palpable even from a distance. 

Advika: "Abhay, are you there?" 

Leaving the bustling atmosphere of the concert, Abhay stepped aside to take the call. "Yes, Advika. What's up?" 

Advika's voice crackled with concern, "Where are you? And why did you leave the function like that?" 

Abhay hesitated before responding, "Just needed some air." 

Advika pressed on, her tone insistent, "What's our plan now? Are we still meeting?" 

Abhay's mind was elsewhere, still caught in the whirlwind of emotions from seeing Akshi so distressed. "I'll be there in 5 minutes," he replied hastily, eager to end the conversation and address the turmoil within him.

Riya, worried about Akshi, knocked softly on her door, concern etched on her face. As Akshi opened the door, Riya gently took her hand and led her outside without a word. Akshi, bewildered, kept asking where they were going and what was happening, but Riya remained silent, her expression resolute.

 Akshi, bewildered, kept asking where they were going and what was happening, but Riya remained silent, her expression resolute