32 | faith

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

three years later

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hey, G!"

"Yeah, man?"

"Where are you running to, huh?" he asked, removing his boxing gloves as he prepared himself to sprint on the treadmill.

"Oh, nothing. Boss got some work for me up north, Ry," his friend replied.

"Boss got some work for everyone up north except me, man," he commented.

"It's not like that, bro. He wants you to handle things here," the friend shrugged.

"What's to handle when you're planning to take the whole gang north? Is this a major one, man?" he asked, throwing his hood down from his head and beginning to run after increasing the speed.

"I guess so. Boss said -"

"You can call him Jason in front of me, bro," he said, for the hundredth time.

"Jason..." he continued, correcting himself, "said that he'll brief us once we reach there. I am the last one to leave, anyway," he added, realizing soon enough that he had said too much. He had to leave, right now.

"I really wanna come too, G. He doesn't allow me! If this is major, shouldn't I be in the US too?" he told him. "I am really the best you mutts have," he chuckled. Everyone knew and feared Ryder in the gang, but that's exactly why no one would allow him to go back to where he came from. Either way, G's work of making sure Roman or the Jonathan scum that everyone called him, stayed in his line. 

He had spent three years, following him to his classes at the Uni, making sure he didn't talk to anyone suspicious and most importantly, making sure he accessed internet that was moderated through his devices only. 

But G's work was ending today. His task to babysit the man everyone hated but feared in the gang and faked knowing as Ryder would finish tonight when he left. 

"I wish you could, dude. But...your dad's orders. Not yours," G said before he prepped to leave.

"I'll try to talk to him," Roman said. "This time, I got to, bro."

He had never been allowed, for any work to go to the US, even though his father's aspirations had always been to expand the business there. He couldn't even attend a programme as part of his course in Seattle. But even he knew why he really wanted to go there. 

He needed to go to the small town of Port Angeles. It had been tough to find the town in a small journal in the library but when he couldn't find it on his phone, he was desperate to know if the place even existed and a few weeks ago, he had gotten to know that it does. He hadn't been imagining it all. 

"I'm going to him," he told G, jumping out to run to his father's office which was across the hall.

But before he could enter, he decided to use the washroom on the side. All this workout was really making him stink. If his father had guests over, he possibly couldn't enter this way. 

As he washed his face, he noticed the small scar on his forehead, reminding him of his first few memories. Unlike the man he had seen three years ago, in the mirror in his room, Roman had changed a lot. 

His hair weren't dark anymore but a dusky blonde. He could notice himself becoming older as the days went by and the cuts from training added themselves around his body.