30 | alone

White ceiling.

Again? Don't tell me this was a nightmare, Scarlet screamed in her mind but when the familiar pain in her chest and thigh returned, she knew everything that was supposed to go wrong had gone wrong.

The last few days of her life flash backed like a tsunami wave hitting a city in front of her eyes. It all came back to her, starting from Roman's eyes when he kissed her goodbye, stepping inside the car with Mason. Worst was yet to come when she saw herself getting caught, again and again, and learned how stupid she had been. 

Jason's words, the deal and the marriage, everything rushed back to her, especially the last few moments of Ryder's rage.

No matter how much she tried to wipe it away, she could see the deep blue sky she had been lost in as Ryder held her against the beach sand, ruining her, forever. 

"Scarlet," a voice called her back and she gently turned to face her left.

"Mase," she smiled warmly at the rugged face of the man who sat beside her bed on a chair. Now that her vision became clearer, she understood she was back in her room in Miami. As much as she loved that thought, her eyes searched around for Roman.

His expression was a mixture of many as she pointed out happiness, but somewhere a mild sadness seeped in through his eyes. "Rome?" she asked immediately.

"I'll tell you, soon. Please rest, Scarlet. You need to get better first," while that answer would never be satisfactory, with the chaos of everything increasing around her, Scarlet chose to listen to him. But the uneasiness would remain. 

Mason's eyes annoyed her. Why did he look so defeated to her? Why no? She was back, wasn't she? Then why was he still looking at her this way?

"Where's Roman, Mason?" she asked, unable to hold herself back. 

"Scarlet, please. I am sure he's okay -"

"What does that mean!?" she snapped, sitting up in her bed. 

"It's barely been half a day since we got you here, Scar. Please, I am begging you to calm down. Chris and Stephen will find him soon," Mason urged. But Scarlet's heartbeat wouldn't let her calm down. She knew it. She knew it the moment she had woken up and he was nowhere to be seen. 

But her thoughts didn't remain with her for long as the door opened and Rihanna practically ran to her, enveloping her into a hug that made her slightly wince even though she let out a breath at the fact that Rihanna seemed alright. At least physically. 

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" she shook her head, stepping away from her, her tears dampening Scarlet's shoulders. After her, Adrian took Scarlet into a careful hug, kissing her forehead and moving away soon, but not before Scarlet saw a treacherous tear escape his eyes. 

"The doctor's coming, okay?" Rihanna told her as Lydia walked in.

"Hello, Lydia," Scarlet spoke up in a monotone, her eyes still trying to find Roman. Why isn't he here? she screamed at herself.

"Hello, Scarlet. It's not very good to see you again." Something was wrong here. The air stilled in the room as Lydia checked her blood pressure, Mason eyeing her every move. 

"Her wounds are healing, I hope?" Adrian asked.

"What about the wound on the thigh?" Mason added.

"The wounds are fine, Mason. I have already checked on her twice today. I know they're healing just fine," Lydia nodded nervously but Scarlet knew why Lydia couldn't meet her eyes. She had known and been through it.