11 | acceptance

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

my mind, my heart, my soul;

i want to change it all 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Blue."

"Black."

"I like the red one too."

"I don't know, I am a little stuck on the black."

"Why don't you try the red one?" Roman asked, peaking into the closet from the bathroom. 

Rihanna and I have exactly an hour to go before our first lecture on Shakespeare starts at Fordham University, a fifteen minute drive away which means I have spent the first quarter of my forty five minutes standing in front of a closet, trying to understand what would be an 'appropriate' outfit for the first day

Rome lost interest awhile back and chose to go about his day and peak in only when I asked him to. My current wardrobe is filled with blues and blacks except a few reds and whites that Maddie and Cara got me from their shopping trips. I have always been on the fence with those colors, blacks and blues are a reflex right now, a comfortable choice. 

"Someday, you'll finally realise how depressing your wardrobe is, babe," Rome and I both turned back to see Rihanna standing on the doorframe of my closet.

"I can't believe I am agreeing with her, but yeah," Rome whispered, mostly to himself, closing the door behind him. "Pick your clothes, I'll be out of the shower soon," he yelled from behind the door.

"Ignore him," I told Rihanna, who was closely looking at my clothes.

"You know...if you allow me, I see the perfect outfit -"

"Go ahead," I shrugged. I have wasted enough time already. Rihanna had few talents, this was definitely one of them. 

"Let's see, we need something perfect and just enough for a lecture or two but also something that can keep you warm till the evening after we get done with the shopping..." she said, lost in thought. 

"We are going on a shopping trip?" I asked, confused.

"Well, yes, look at your wardrobe. It's screaming for more colors! Also, I am in desperate need of some stretchy clothes, I have pushed it far too long," she said, pointing to her stomach. 

"Oh yeah, of course," I nodded.

"Scarlet, are you okay with me?" She asked, pouting a little.

"Trust me, Rihanna. What's in the past, is in the past," I shrugged. I wasn't going to waste my time blaming and punishing those who were forced to hurt me. I wasn't stooping that low, knowing I had other things to deal with right now. The faster we got over this, the faster I could shift my focus, because trust me, I need to.

She smiled at me first, then clapping her hands, turned to my closet. Her expert hands took out a few clothes, too fast for my eyes to see. She placed them on the loveseat right outside my closet doors. 

"So, what do you think?" She asked me, her eyebrows cocking. I glanced at the outfit she had laid for me on the couch. Unexpectedly, she had kept it simple with the darkest blue jeans I had and a dark blue informal blazer with a white lace top under it, perfect for the autumn weather invading New York. 

"I like it, but you'll have to help me with the shoe selection as well then," I said, opening the doors to the shoe rack which were placed lower in the shelves.