Ch 6 Setting out for the better.

After 12 days of learning survival from a book and learning how to reload and shoot using a gun. The water and electricity have stopped working. It was time to set out and get ourselves killed...not very fun at all. Of course when the electricity stopped working Summer was not so happy. The water eventually stopped working after some hours, but we managed to wash off and get what we need to do to get out of the house. I stared at Maroon packing up his things and putting it in the suit case. Summer, who wasn't very happy about leaving the house was sitting on the couch with a grumpy expression. I can't blame her, I would have enjoy staying in this house for another week or so, but you know faith. Can't always get what you want in life.

I walked over to her and sat next to her. It was quiet for the next 15 minutes besides the sound of Maroon packing more things in the two suit cases. It was getting a little too awkward so I decided to break the silence.

"So, how did you arrive to Maroon's place?" I asked with a hint of curiosity in my eyes.

She looked away for a second then look back at the couch.

"Well, When my parents were driving me home so we could get ready to go to the mall a  group of the deformed beings suddenly ran infront of the car. My dad who was driving though it was an actual human being and drove to the left and ended up crashing the car. He ended up injure and unconscious." She explains as tears started to run down her eyes and ruined her makeup.

I grabbed a box of half filled tissues and put it next to her. I'm not surprised about her going to the mall though. But jeez I didn't expect her to get into a car crash.

Summer blew her nose before continuing to explain her story.

"My mom who was still in the car with glass stuck in her leg told me to run. To get out of the car and run. It was scary. I wanted to take her arm and run with her. But she told me to leave her and run. So that's what I did. I ran while crying. I remember looking back to see my mother being ripped to shreds by those monsters." She blew her nose again.

"Damn, must have been terrible." I said feeling a little bad for her.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and then looked back down at the green couch.

"I ran while they chase me. I ran to the closest neighborhood and knocked on a house.  Maroon answer the door and took me in." She was now weeping and blowing her nose.

I didn't know what to say then feel sympathetic towards her but the only thing she can do is accept it. Before I could comfort her Maroon walked in the living room and stared at us.

"Uhhhh, should I just leave you two alone and I'll just explain the plan later?" Maroon said giving Summer a worried look.

"Yeah, Just give her a few minutes to clear up." I glanced at Summer.

I got up from the couch and went to get my bat from my room. Turns out my baseball bat is actually metal. There's some paint chipping off of it but under the paint it reveals a silver metal bat. No wonder why it's heavily. I roll the bat around to see the shine of the metal. I went back to the living room to see Summer who managed to recover pretty quickly from crying, staring at her makeup mirror. Maroon who was staring at the plan he drew and wrote on the paper sitting on the far side of the couch.

"So what's the plan?" I asked, pulling over a chair and sitting across from them.

"Well, our plan and goal in this...Ok so we're gonna go outside through the back door since that's the closest to the large forest. We're gonna camp there in the forest because there will most likely be less of the deformed beings since there's less people." He explained.

"But how are you sure there will be less? These things aren't like zombies from movies where if you get bitten by one of them you turn into one of them. They rip you to shreds and some are also stronger. Who knows? There may also be a different way they infect people." I said questioning his way. If only the government let us know sooner maybe we could have prepared.

"I know. But it's the best choice we have besides staying in this house. Besides our goal is the main city. I discovered on my dad's computer on the news that the main city "Light of the Sunrise" is allowing survivers to live there. It's also protected since the government also lives there. The only problem is that you need to have an ID to get in." He explained.

I stared at him, frowning.

"Well I guess we're fucked. And I'm not going back to my house which is probably full of those things. Not to mention the government." I said.

"Maybe they'll let us in cause we're still a minor." I heard Summer said.

I turn to look at her. Her eyes were still puffy and she was still trying to fix her makeup.

"Sighs, I wish" I said.

"Well our best choice is to convince them." Maroon said.

"Wep...I guess it's our best option" I told him.

We got up and grabbed our suitcase. I had my bat in my hand just in case we get jumped. Maroon had two suitcases in his hand and a gun in his pocket. As for Summer she was holding the walkie talkie Maroon gave us. We opened the back door and head out, watching for each others backs. Whenever there was a deform being close to us. One of us would alert him and he would shoot it down with a gun or I just bash them with my bat. Eventually we managed to run to the forest before the sun was down. We still had some time left over to camp and prepare.