3.

Fawn pulled a pack of gum from her locker, in between Yulia and Evan's, she pulled out a piece, taking it out of the wrapper and shoving it into her mouth, handing Jess a piece following, placing it back in its spot and slamming her locker shut.

"Hello? Were you listening to anything I just said?" Yulia waved her hand in front of Fawn's face.

"What? Sorry, what'd you say?" Fawn was taken a bit by surprise at this. Jess, knowing what this was about, kept her mouth shut.

Scuba and Gabby made their way to the group, out of their respective classes as Evan shoved the door open.

"Guys. Look at this," as he spoke, everyone's phones began to ding. Fawn took a step back. On the star of the Rightmart sign, the lower half of Lizzie Kaplan's body. She felt her stomach lift to her throat.

"Oh, fuck," Gabby gasped. Fawn wanted so desperately to tear her eyes away. But she couldn't. She just... couldn't.

"Holy shit," Fawn's trembling hand caught her mouth as she stared on in terror.

"Good thing it's seventh period," Scuba gulped.

~°•~°•

"Ryan, this isn't fake," Fawn leaned against the brick wall of her school after the day ended, waiting for him to come pick her up as her car was in the shop.

"Yeah. No shit," Ryan sighed.

"Jess is on the phone with her dad. We're trying to figure this out," Fawn sighed, running a hand through her hair as she picked up a part of Jess and her dad's conversation.

"Jess, you know me. I will not be bullied by some lunatic. The store is staying open, and I'm hiring some extra security. You need to go to the sheriff's office," Thomas demanded over the phone as Jess pushed the schools front door open.

"Ryan, he's keeping the store open," Fawn sighed.

"Fuck. Listen, I- I'm so sorry, I know I said I'd come get you but I'm so fucking caught up with school right now. Could you hitch a ride?"

"Yeah, of course. It's no problem," Fawn nodded.

"You're a life saver, woman. I love you. Please stay safe," Ryan spoke sincerely.

"I love you too, you dork. I'll try. Have a nice time finishing your homework," Fawn chuckled as she hung up the phone and returned to the group. "Ev, can I hitch a ride?"

"Yeah, yeah, no problem. To Ryan's?" Evan asked, already pulling his keys from his jacket.

"Somewhere not here," Gabby butted in.

"But, seriously. Your dad's not closing the store?" Evan turned to Jess.

"Makes sense," Jess shrugged, obviously being sarcastic.

"Did he not see that this guy tagged us?" Yulia pitched in.

"What's he waiting for? One of us to be on display in front of his store?" Fawn tutted. Gabby turned to her, concerned yet silent at this revelation.

"I'm gonna ask him," Scuba pulled out his phone, and everyone turned to him, glaring him down.

"Scuba!" Jess scolded.

"Don't!"

"Why not? He gonna tag me? I'm gonna send that motherfucker a DM!" Scuba spoke matter-of-factly.

"Oh my God," Fawn facepalmed.

"Don't slide into the killers DMs!" Gabby groaned.

"Come get me, bitch," Scuba read off. Fawn rolled her eyes, seriously not believing that Scuba was actually a friend of hers.

"Scuba! Don't! Just hold off, okay?" Jess scolded as an old rusted van pulled into the parking lot, "It's a murder case in my dad's store, we can't just fuck around!"

"Fuck around and find out," Scuba retorted. This broke Fawn, making her laugh. Okay, this is why he's my friend.

"Fuck around and find out," the girl agreed.

"He's gonna get it," Evan butted in.

"He'll see what's comin'," Fawn nodded. What was she gonna do, nobody really knew. Too busy laughing and not paying attention to her surroundings, a set of screeching tires nearly sent Fawn to the concrete below her. "Dude, what the fuck!?"

"Are you crazy, McCarty?" Jess spat.

"Take it easy princess, I wouldn't hit you," McCarty held his hand out in reassurance.

"I would! Just saying, I'm totally not opposed to hitting you with your own goddamn van!" Fawn argued.

"She doesn't mean that," Scuba patted the girls head.

"I absolutely mean that," Fawn counteracted.

"Will you shut up!" Gabby smacked Fawn's shoulder.

"You know how much paperwork the cops would make me fill out?" McCarty added.

"McCarty, are you back to finish tenth grade?" Gabby mocked, her arms crossed over her chest. Again, Fawn couldn't help but laugh.

"I just thought... In light of the situation... You guys may want a little protection. Courtesy of my dad's store," he hit the door of his shitty van. His dad's business van.

"McCarty, only you have the balls to sell guns at a highschool," Scuba pinched the bridge of his nose, "I should kick your ass right here."

"Come on! Mark Cuban would think I'm a genius!" McCarty added on, making Fawn snort out loud, unintentionally.

"Do you need some fuckin' water?" Evan turned to the smaller girl, who couldn't contain her laughter at this point.

"Sorry, sorry, this dudes like 30 in highschool, selling fucking guns and thinking Mark Cubans gonna call him a genius, I can't fucking help it," Fawn laughed, holding her stomach.

"Everyone gets a gun! It's fair!" McCarty shrugged. Scuba took a step toward the van and Fawn immediately shut up before anyone threw any punches.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," McCarty put his hands up in defense, "Easy, Scooby Snacks." Even this made Gabby giggle under her breath.

Holy shit, what the fuck is happening?