PROLOGUE 2.

"Happy Thanksgiving to youuuu! Happy Thanksgiving to youuuu!" Ryan woke up his girlfriend with the most annoying singing voice she'd ever heard. She groaned and pushed him back and away from her as she tried to bury herself under the blankets.

"Shut up!" she whined. Her eyes squeezed shut.

"Come on, my love! It's Thanksgiving!" Ryan cheered. He drew the blankets away from her smaller frame, picking her up and out of bed, then placing her on her feet. He shot her a cheeky, smug grin. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"I hate you," she muttered, huffing. Ryan let out a laugh at that, swinging his arm around her.

"No you don't. Guess what we're doing tomorrow!" Ryan led her out to the dining room. Scott wasn't home, as he was celebrating Thanksgiving with his own family. Ryan— and obviously Fawn— didn't have a good relationship with their families either way.

"Mmh?" Fawn yawned a response, running her hair through her short dark green hair. Ryan pulled a chair out for her. On either side of the table was a plate of pancakes and orange juice, though water for Fawn as she hated the consistency of orange juice with pulp in it. Fawn's pancake was also decorated with blueberries and strawberries in a smiley face.

"You, me, Scott, Rightmart, tonight," Ryan spoke. He spoke with determination, like Fawn couldn't deny or excuse her way out of this.

"Fine. I need a new phone anyways," Fawn shrugged, sleepily blinking at him as she took a gulp of water.

"I was thinking new waffle iron," Ryan spoke. Fawn didn't look at him as she cut up her pancake, kind of sad to see the smiley face go.

"Since when the fuck did you like waffles?" Fawn responded. Ryan paused, and leaned back in his dining chair, as if he were thinking about it.

"But, now, we aren't doing jack-shit. Thanksgiving is kind of overrated, anyway," Ryan spoke, knowing this would get Fawn riled up. He purposely ignored her previous remark just to change the subject.

"Ry, do you know what city you live in? Hmm!?" she glared at him, obviously not upset.

"Yes, babe, I'm aware," he chuckled at her behavior. She scoffed.

"Y'know what, it's too early for this!" She decided, taking a bite of her pancake and giggling.

~°•~°•

"Those tight enough, baby? Can you still hear me?" Ryan asked Fawn, getting her headphones tight enough to stay on her head, so they couldn't be tugged off in the large crowd.

"I'm okay!" she smiled.

"Can we go now? You two are gonna make me vomit," Scott groaned, scrolling through his phone. Ryan rolled his eyes, his hand linking with Fawns.

"Yes, yes, let's go," he groaned in annoyance. Fawn laughed at this, practically tugging her boyfriend toward the crowd.

They were immediately jammed in the middle of the large, screaming crowd. She tried to stand tall, but it was no use so she pulled out her phone with a huff as Ryan conversated with Scott.

Suddenly, an old, beat up black car, blasting music as loud as the radio would go ran into the curb and straight into the parking lot, taking up a couple of spaces as a bunch of familiar teens climbed out like clowns in a clowncar.

Fawn's eyes landed on Jess, standing alone in the crowd as Bobby— Jess's college baseball legend boyfriend— took a picture with a "fan". Fawn gently tugged on Ryan's arm, getting his attention as she practically dragged him off.

"Hey! Jess, this is the last place I thought I'd see you tonight!" Fawn unintentionally yelled at Jess, trying to be heard in her own head. Jessica didn't even realize, as she was used to it by now.

"Yeah, you and me both. And, it's nice to see you, Ryan. I think I hardly ever see you out," Jess pointed out. Fawn looked up at her boyfriend as he responded.

"Yeah, life's been pretty goddamn hectic. But, it's your dad's store anyways. But hey, it's Thanksgiving, so let's live it up!" Ryan grinned with a cheer.

"Twelve hours ago you said Thanksgiving was overrated," Fawn rolled her eyes at him. Jess laughed at this.

"That was twelve hours ago, jerk," he shoved her playfully.

"You two are adorable. What are you doing here, anyways?" Jess questioned.

"Phone,"

"Waffle iron. You?"

"Evan ruined Yulia's lipstick, Evan punched a Hanover kid, broke his phone. We were supposed to be at the movies, but whatever," Jess shrugged.

"Who the hells Yulia?" Fawn asked.

"Scuba's new fling," Jess responded, seeming unamused, "She's cool, I guess. You guys better get back in... Uh... Whatever that is."

"Yeah, your dad's stores insane! Look at all these people," Ryan gawked at the large crowd.

"Yeah- uh, sorry, guys, I have to catch up with the group. You- you can join us, if you want," Jessica spoke, referring to the friend group who ran ahead.

"Shit, I gotta catch up with Scott," Ryan sighed. Fawn looked up at Ryan.

"Can I go with Jess? I haven't seen Bobby in a while," Fawn asked.

Uh oh.