Meet Thy Rainwater

Zeta darted her eyes first, then Kaela followed suit.

Kobo stood there, eyes widened.

She was supposedly half-asleep a moment ago, but now she was wide awake.

"I-I thought you were asleep..." Zeta kept a good distance from Kaela, attempting to be serious yet a nervous smile formed. Kaela stared at the unexpected blue-haired. The trio traded gazes.

Kobo rubbed her eyes a couple of times. "Well yeah, I was asleep... but I heard all these heavy rustles and footsteps and stuff." She sighed. "So I want to see if you're alright."

"Y-Yeah..." Zeta scratched her cheek. "We're alright."

Kobo took a sharp, long inhale. She trembled at the mere sight of those daring crimson pupils. "W-What the fuck are you doing anyway!?" Right after she yelled.

"Calm down, nothing's wrong here!" Zeta stammered, almost jumping from the sudden raise.

"Something's wrong here, it's obvious!" Kobo lingered around the staircases and the little entranceway. "What are you anyway?" She pointed at Kaela, trying to get a better look. "A sea snake?"

Kaela hissed back.

"Don't call her that, Bo!" Zeta stammered. "She doesn't like that nickname!"

"Wh— okay? Then what should I call this... this thing." Kobo's lips wobbled.

Kaela shook her head. Zeta then replied, "Her name's Kaela." She stroked the blonde fur in gentle motion, also trying to calm herself down. "She's a sea serpent." It glided smoothly due to the salty water coating, albeit the tension in the air was not smooth.

"How the hell did you even catch this type of... uhh?" Kobo raised her voice more, there were uncountable questions.

"Uhm, we just met someday some long, long time ago...?" Zeta responded fast.

"What." Kobo blinked in disbelief. "You met each other a long time ago? You meet this sea snake-looking thing when?"

Kaela hissed again, though this time clear in warning.

Zeta's back straightened. "I told you, she hates when people call her that, she's not a snake!"

"It's literally the same word." Kobo pinched her nose, then she palmed her head. "Whatever, you should know that this is really... dangerous."

"I mean... no?" Zeta fumbled, she looked at the blonde serpent growling slowly.

"Does that thing eat humans?" Kobo leered. "And does it only love you?

"Kaela's friendly... she has never eaten a human before."

"Right." Kobo thickened her accent, later she gulped.

Zeta straightened her leg up, she felt stiffness overruling her. "You can come in here, Kaela won't hurt you, promise."

"Really? Can I really come in here, or will this serpent thingy feed on me like a god da—"

"She's harmless." The emphasis no longer became nervous, it was firm.

"Right. Of course." Kobo waved her hand languidly, showing herself to the sea serpent that she was unarmed. Though she was ready at any moment to swat that crimson, curious look.

When she reached in front of Zeta, she squinted, then looked forward curiously. "I need you to explain all this." She gave a very tired, tedious exhale, one that was rather obvious what the insinuation meant.

"Well, uhm, where to begin?" A nervous chuckle came.

"Why have I never seen this thing before?"

"Huh?" Zeta flinched, but from some relaxation that the blue-haired girl didn't crossfire her with barrages of questions. Kaela whistled a sound that familiarly she understood.