Part 2

But then you noticed something besides your anger. Lucifer was staring intently at the man before you and... he had not let go of your arm yet...

----

Your eyes met his as he looked back at you and he quickly let go. Your head was spinning. The past few days had already been a lot. But you couldn't read his actions. But before you could try to untangle your thoughts, Malthus's voice filled the room again. "The word on the streets is you are gathering your troops against the angels?". His tone now more serious. "What is it to you." Lucifers voice was replying before you could find words to do so. Lucifers eyes never leaving the deer demon. Almost watching him like a predator. "It is everything to me. I wouldn't want anything to happen to my.... friend." Malthus replied and a smirk returned to his face, teasingly emphathizing the word ' friend'. Malthus walked up to you, but this time without getting to close. Lucifer still next to you. "Dearest Juli, How is this your fight? Are you really going to war with heaven for this ragtag group if blissfull idiots? You know better." His voice and his eyes not showing a single hint of jokes or teasing. He was serious. But he didn't know about you being an angel. He didn't know why this felt like your fight. And how even if you backed down now, they would still come after you. With a sigh you brought out your wings and spread them. You had nothing to hide from him. He might be an ass but you knew he wouldn't bring any serious harm to you. "This is my fight Malthus." His face clear in shock. "They already know. They are coming for me whether I like it or not. And I'm not taking these people down with me by running away." Looking straight in to his eyes, they changed to their yellowish angels hue. " I can't run away anymore. I can't hide anymore." You looked to the ground. Frustration rising in your voice, your eyes glowing ever so slightly. " I ran away back then, I've been running away for milenia. I'm fucking done." Your fist balled. At this moment you weren't able to control your feelings. A few tears of frustration. To the point you almost drew blood on your own hand from clamping it so hard. A soft hand reached out to your fist. Unwinding the hand. With clear anger in your eyes, you saw Lucifers soft eyes full of understanding.  His soft hand calming down the anger you had pressed down for so long. And with a deep breath you fold your wings back and close your eyes. 
With a soft whispered thank you, you opened your eyes. "Malthus, I appreciate your concern. But you know I wouldn't be calling in favors for nothing. Those were my back up plan. You must've figured that much." Both men were looking at you. The rest of the group entered the room. Angel was about to make a snide remark about the tension but you saw Vaggie elbow him to shut him up. " We WILL take them down. Even if it means burning the heavens themselves."

With a loud sigh you looked around the room and let out a frustrated sigh. " ANY more surprises today? Anyone?" A hand on your shoulder cut you off from continueing. You looked but it wasn't who you had hoped.  Malthus looked at you and nodded. The pulled out a phone and made a call. Only some code words. Like always secretive. Charlie came up to you grabbing both your hands with almost stars in her eyes. God she was positive wasn't she. " That was soooo COOL. Still happy to have you on board! But.... maybe we dont need to... you know.... burn the entire heaven down." She laughed nervously while still looking at you with a smile and you gave her a small smile back. You took one more deep breath, regaining controll then gave a sharp look at Malthus. " You alone are cleaning that up and fixing that wall." 

You were done for today already, and it wasn't even dinner time. You walked to the bar, grabbed a drink and made your way back to your room. Sitting down at your desk and letting out a long dragged out sigh. You rested your forehead on your desk. Waving your hand you used your magic to turn off the light. Your body felt heavy, you hadn't even had a chance to go over all the events of the past 3 days. Hesitant footsteps near the door.
You lifted your head again and in the door was Malthus. Earning a loud groan from you. He probably had come for some explenation. You fully turned your chair around and properly faced him now, taking a sip of your drink. "If you for a second even think I owe you a sob story or any more information you're wrong."  He shook his head at you. "No, it just explains a lot is all. So that's how your little... interest came from. I had always wondered why some new demon would be that interesting in more information about him. Does he know? I mean I'm guessing he was the reason you fell?" You nodded at him but said nothing else. The silence told him that the nod was only for the second question. You focussed on the glass not really feeling like talking. Tired, that's what you were. "You really still got it bad hm? You are absolutely hopeless. Talk to the man, come on." You were going to look up but before you could his face was right infront of yours and his hand was on your cheek. His concerned face was replaced with a smug look. His eyes darted to something to the side but you were too shocked at his brazen display. You knew he did this stuff in public to trigger me. But he would never do it in private. You just sat there in shock for a few seconds before quickly pushing him away with a slight curse. He seemed even more satisfied then he would usually be. 

You got up and pushed him out of your room. And after finishing your drink you decided to go to bed.

--- The next day

You were woken up by loud panicky voices, in your room. When you begrudingly opened your eyes you saw Charlie, Malthus, Minxy, Angel, Alastor and Lucifer in a circle in your room. Malthus and Alastor were not being loud. But the rest was. Minxy first noticed you had awaken. "Miss Juli, Miss Juli. Bad news!" The little demon snatched something from Charlie's hand and handed it to you. Adjusting your eyes a little bit to waking up, you saw golden paper and your heart sank in that instance before even reading the words. But when you did you understood why the room was so hectic. A letter declaring war, specifically on you, from Armaros. 

"EVERYBODY OUT, NOW." your voice boomed through the room. Minxy knew this didn't apply to her. But you needed to get dressed and make a game plan. The declaration was for.... today. Everyone scrambled and within minutes you were ready and in the living room. The tension was in the air and you already saw a bit of infighting in the group. Mostly between Malthus, Alastor and Lucifer. Putting yourself in between the three. Both the demons both grinning smugly and Lucifer with a scowl on his face. "For the life of me would you behave? We have bigger issues then your ego's right now. Alastor, Malthus. Stop it." Alastor remained grinning but took a few steps back. Something was entertaining him. Malthus remained and he and Lucifer were staring at each other like they were about to murder each other.  You stepped in between them with your back to Lucifer and stared at Malthus. Making him finally back off. 
Lucifers eyes now moved to you and his face relaxed a little bit. But.. it didn't seem to return to his usual expression. You wanted to say something, but before you could a loud knock on the door of the hotel could be heard.

That asshole. He was already on his way when he send that letter.

Lucifer and Charlie both wanted to move to the door but you stopped them. If anyone was going to greet him, it would be you.
You opened the door and let him inside. He didn't bring more angels. Those were outside. You led him into the main room where you and him were now in the centre of the room with the rest scattered about. You looked up to the man that banished you.

"Juli, dearest. It's been awhile hasn't it?" His voice calm, mocking and soft. A smile on his face this entire time. He reached his hand out to you. Both Malthus and Lucifer moved towards you but you put up your hand to stop them. You noticed Lucifer staring daggers at Malthus again. Armaros hand moved closer and he rested it on your head, bringing back memories. You looked into his eyes with a fire you forgot you had. You hadn't fought in hell until two days ago. You were trained well, and to be ruthless. Him standing before you brought that back, but this time it was pointed towards him. 

"Ah there are those eyes, that used to kill without thought. You haven't lost it. I'm so proud. You were one of my best projects after all." You could feel your blood boil. The horns every so slightly started to peer out. Years of anger came back to you in that moment. But his eyes left you and looked at Lucifer and Charlie. His face twisted in a different kind of grin. You remember this one too well.

Before you could think your body moved on it's own. And within a split second you felt a sharp pain in your side. There you were, an angels spear piercing your side and Charlie shoved onto the ground right before you. Holding back a scream, you looked straight to Lucifer. With the anger, the pain and the sudden act all you could manage was a growl. "Get her out of here... now."