Chapter 10

As we neared the front door of the flat, I grew nervous. I didn't know whether to invite him in or bid him goodnight. After the kiss on his cheek, Landos eyes were sparkling. Not in a oh you kissed me therefore I'm ready to make a move. It was a soft innocent sparkle. It was the kind that gave me butterflies. I was happy and giddy.

I needed to make my decision soon though. I pulled out my keys to unlock the door then turning to him. "You can come in if you'd like, it's still early. If you have something else though, that's fine too." I said feeling as though I was rambling.

"I'd love to." He responded without hesitation. There was an instant weight lifted off my shoulders. I don't know why I was so nervous he'd say no and that he had to go. Even if he had, it wasn't a big deal.

As we entered the flat, I offered something to drink while pouring myself a glass of wine. Lando opted to join me saying a little night cap wouldn't hurt.

We seemed to be able to talk about everything and nothing yet I was never bored. I found myself hanging onto every word he spoke and he was equally as interested. We talked of our lives growing up and families. He nodded and laughed as I spoke and it only made me open up to him even more. Either that or it was the wine making we feel up for anything.

"I'm just sending a text to Max to see if he's left the door unlocked for me." Lando says as he looks down at his phone, finishing off his 2nd glass. I look to the wall behind him to see it's 12:30.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize the time." I say worried.

"No, you're fine, love." He says placing a reassuring hand on my knee.

"Do you think he's awake?" I say nervously.

"No idea, but we'll find out in 10 minutes or so if he doesn't text me back." He jokes as I'm still worried. He notices the look on my face and gives me a smile. "Seriously, Ez, it's okay. If it came to it, could I sleep here?" He asks.

"Of course, if have a queen so there's plenty of room!" I say with a quick nod.

"Are you trying to get me into bed already?" Lando smirks as I roll my eyes playfully.

"Oh stop!" Giving him a shove on the shoulder.

"I mean seriously, I was planning to sleep on the couch but here you've gone."

"As if! Weren't you the one trying to sleep with me the first night we met?" I accuse thinking back briefly to the night.

"I mean can you blame me?" He shrugs. I quickly turn to him as my jaw drops.

"Lando Norris!" I say half in shock half in amusement.

"While we're at it, you can put those sexy pjs on for me." With the wink he throws me, I practically roll my eyes again. I knew we were joking around but his flirting was working. I lean forward to pick up my glass of wine as I narrow my eyes moving to sit back and cross my legs.

"I bet you would like to see the sexy pjs wouldn't you." I say, whirling around the wine left in my glass. The atmosphere had turned a little more serious as I stared at him with intent. Maybe the wine had gotten to me or maybe I wanted the Brit.

"You have no idea." He said sending the corner of his mouth twitch upward before settling back into the flat line the started in.

I finished up my last bit of wine left in my glass before getting up. I turn to lando and bend over so that I'm leaning over him. I get as close as I can without kissing him being sure to trap him as I place both hands above his shoulders to rest against the sofa. His hands go to my hips, thumbs rubbing small circles. He gives me a small tug but I don't budge. It takes just about everything in me not to fall into him a straddle his lap.

"How about in 5 minutes when Max don't text you back, you come find me." I say lowly before pushing back and walking away. Setting off to the bathroom I continue with my nightly routine, trying to keep my cool. I don't know what happened and when but all of a sudden I was insanely attracted to him and I just wanted him. Not that I ever thought Lando was unattractive, it had all felt so innocent until recently. Emerging from the restroom to slip into my room I see Lando with his back turned to me rinsing the glasses and putting the bottle of wine away.

Upon looking at my closet I smile to myself pulling a set of clothes and slipping into them.

"Looks like Max isn't going to message me back." I hear as Lando appears in my doorway. I laughed as I was laying under the covers. He looked cautious so I patted the spot next to me signaling him it was okay to come closer. He removes his jeans and top, leaving him I his boxer briefs. After jumping under the covers as well, we lay there for a moment in silence. "You know I had a really great time tonight." Lando says from behind me.

"I did too, thank you for sharing that place and this day with me." I respond back, fingers brushing against his under the covers. Lando catches my hand, giving it a soft squeeze before pulling away to move up to my waist. My cheeks heat up slightly as I feel the touch of his palm on my hip.

He lifts the covers to look down at my outfit of choice. "Very sexy indeed." Lando jokes as I let out a chuckle. I had chosen sweatpants as my bottoms.

"I've chosen them just for you." I say jokingly and Lando pulls me closer. We were practically pressed against one another as he brings his larger hand to the side of my face, pushing my hair aside.

I slowly blink up as I see him leaning closer. I close my eyes, gently bracing myself. Feeling his breath ghost over my face, I lean in the rest of the way, connecting our lips.

They were soft yet firm and not demanding but sure. His lips moved at a steady pace as I let him take the lead, following after him. We pulled away at the same time, looking intently into each others eyes. I don't know when my feeling developed for this man but they had. I looked over his face, tanned skin, curly hair falling in front into his forehead, the little but still there facial hair.

"Beautiful." He says pulling me in for a soft kiss to my forehead. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach as he smiled at me. With that he turned to shut the bedside lamp off and I drifted off to sleep.

~~~

Another chapter in the books, hope you enjoyed! Has anyone seen that Lando and Magui have bees seen together all weekend in Monaco? I'm literally so jealous. Like I think I just need to admit that to everyone lol. I don't like her, but oh well, Lando's life right? I've been watching f1 since I was a kid but I never took the time to get into their personal lives until like last year. I saw Alex and Charles and was like oh wow, I need to see more lol and that's how it started. I don't know anything about Lando and Luisinha's relationship but I can tell already, with all the controversy around this Magui girl, I miss Lu. As if from all that drama, I am so happy for Lando's second place this weekend in China!

All the Best,
  Gaby. x