Chapter 6

"Hey Ez, you ready?" Nadine called from somewhere in the apartment. I pulled on my shoes before yelling back.

"Coming." I say, moving to grab my phone. I opened the closet in the hall to pick out a jacket. I pulled on a black blazer over a white long sleeve.

 I pulled on a black blazer over a white long sleeve

We walked to the train station and quickly boarded. Nadine has been to Paris plenty so I was willing to let her do all of the planning. She wanted to get brunch and do some shopping. Traveling in Europe was so easy. It was much harder in the americas. Boarder patrol and all. Time with Nadine always seems to fly by. It felt like we were in the city in no time.

"Come come my little love." Nadine ushers me along. "First let's walk around, maybe stop at some shops and then I know the perfect spot to get lunch." We do as she says and begin walking around. I've been to some of the biggest cities in the world. Living in Mexico City, Nee York, and now London. These were environments where I thrived. Like loved people watching. You see so much of people when they think no one is watching.

Nadine had grabbed a couple clothing items and a new pair of shoes. I had spotted some new pieces to add to my wardrobe. I love clothing and fashion, it was a beautiful way to express yourself. No matter who you were or who you wanted to be. Strangers could see a part of you without knowing a single thing about you. We visited a gallery showcasing some pieces and basked in the beauty.

Eventually, Nadine led me down some paths and alleys. It felt like we had been walking forever before we turned up in front of a building and entered through the side only to be met with a staircase. We followed it up and were met with a hostess.

"Indoor or outdoor seating?" The women's asks.

"Outdoor please. First time in Paris this one." She smiles nudging me. The women offers a smile and leads us out to a patio. I look to my left and see a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower.

"Ta da" Nadine says smiling at me.

"Oh my. Nadine, it's amazing." I shake my head in disbelief. I really was so thankful to have a friend like her.

"Of course

"Of course. We can go to the lawn later and just sit before heading back." She suggests.

"Absolutely. This has been the perfect day." I say feeling oddly overwhelmed by the love I feel for my best friend.

"It's you and me against the world, Babe." She said as we waited on our food.

Our late lunch that turned into an early dinner was amazing. We ended up on the lawn as Nadine suggested and eventually we found our way back on the train, headed for London. I sat opposite my best friend while I messaged Lando back and forth. I have mentioned I was in Paris and he had asked for all the pictures. He had been sweet the past couple days. Saying he just wanted to call to hear my voice.

After a while, Naidine and I chatted away about everything from work to what we thought other people on the train where conversing about.

My phone began to buzz and I looked down to see landos name. I quickly turned it over and look up to see if Nadine saw.

"Who is that?" She asks, pulling her brows together.

"No one." I say looking around. I knew I had been caught but I didn't know what to say.

"Please tell me that didn't way what I think it said." She said lowly. It felt like it was all blowing up in my face. I knew I should have just told her.

"Listen Nadine, I know I should have told you but it's really not like that. I just-" I began but she was quick to cut me off.

"Call him back. Pretend I'm not here and call him back I was to hear this." She said looking at me dangerously serious. I was terrified so I did as she said. The look in her eyes was unlike anything I had seen from her.

I FaceTimed Lando back and he answered fairly quick. "Hey am I interrupting you?" He asks as I look back and forth between Nadine and Lando.

"No no, you're fine. What's up?" I ask, trying not to crack. I didn't need lando to know Nadine was listening in. Not right now at least.

"Nothing, just wanted my daily FaceTime. How was Paris, are you back yet?" He asks as I see him sitting on a couch.

"No, I'm on the train." I say.

"Oh shit, is Nadine there? I can go.." Lando rushes. I look to Nadine quickly and she gives me an expected look.

"No no. She said she was off to the bathroom or something." I say.

"Oh, calling me in secret hoping not to get caught. Very cheeky." Lando jokes only the amount of uncomfort I'm feeling, I don't laugh back. "Are you okay, love? You're tense." He asks putting on a concerned voice.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say offering a false smile. I don't think he buys it but he changes the subject.

"You look beautiful." He offers and for a moment I forget Nadine is there. I offer a light smile.

"Thank you." I say as I head a light scoff.

"To be fair you always look beautiful. I knew it from the moment I saw you." He smiles softly. I even think I can see a light blush on his cheeks. I look up to see a dark smile on my best friend's face.

"Look, I should go. Nadine will be back soon." I say wanting to get off the phone.

"Okay, love. Text me or call when you can." He says, I lot of in confirmation before hanging up.

"Why would you just make me do that?" I hiss quietly not wanting to make any sort of scene as we are still on the train.

"Are you that dense?" She ask, arms crossed. I pull my brows together and give her a look of confusion. "I told you who he was, not because of some stupid reason. It was to protect you." He said shortly.

"I'm only speaking to him as a friend." I said. "We are friends with his friends. He is bound to come around."

"Oh so him calling you love and telling you you look beautiful is friends." Nadine laughs while rolling her eyes. "How long have the two of you even been in contact?"

"What is your problem why are you even acting this way? I asked if something happened between the two of you and you tell me no. What am I to do?" I say leaning forward trying to keep my voice down.

"Oh you think I'm jealous. Fuck no. Have him. Have my sloppy seconds. He'll throw you away the minute he finds someone prettier."

"I asked if something happened between you and you said nothing. Don't put this on me that you're mad. I'm don't speaking of this." I seethe staring daggers. I could feel myself getting very angry. The Latina in me wanting to come out.

"Maybe if you were a real friend you would have noticed that something was off when I talked about him." She remarked looking at me with the same intensity.

"Done. Fucking done. I'm not disgusting this in public." I say a very serious tone in my voice. How dare she accuse me of not being a real friend. I have picked her up so many times when she was down. And Lando, he lied to me as well. What a joke.

~~~

Okay some drama... tbh who wouldn't fight over lando lol. So proud of our Australian podium this year! Bit sad for Oscar that he missed out in front of his home crowd but still a strong showing for McLaren, I'm proud of them all!! I wanted Charles to win but he had nothing for Carlos.. anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter. I won't keep you all waiting long for the next okay. Thank you for reading <3

All the Best,
  Gaby. x