Chapter 4

Trigger warning in this chapter.
•••

"Hello, I'm meeting someone." I say as I walk into the restaurant and was greeted by a young woman smiling at me.

"Of course, enjoy your lunch ma'am." She smiled, motioning for me to move along. I smiled looking down at my skirt and oversized top.

I spotted Lando tucked away in a corner

I spotted Lando tucked away in a corner. When we met eyes, he instantly smiled and got up. The way his eyes lit up caused me to get a little red. He pulled me in for a hug and insisted I sit first.

"How are you? Thanks for meeting me." He smiled, resting his elbows on the table.

"I'm good. It's only been like 2 days since I've seen you." I chucked scrunching my brows together.

"I know, sorry." He says dropping his head. "I have just been excited to see you since you agreed to meet me." He chuckled scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, I mean I have the rest of this week before starting work." I say as the waitress comes to ask for my drink.

Lando rolls his eyes. "How could I forget. The Lamborghini girl!" He shakes his head playfully.

"Okay don't make it sound like we're in a twilight movie." I laugh thinking of the scene Bella gets greeting by Sam's wife. I don't know if Lando got the reference but I didn't really care.

"Well you are. You working for Lamborghini."

"Well, I don't start until next week." I remind him.

"Same thing. And here I was thinking you may have been perfect." He chuckles, giving me a playful innocent look. For some reason it pulls me back to a time in Monaco. I was seeing someone, they were the one, no questions asked. Needless to say we didn't work out. "I was just joking, love. Are you okay?" He says with a genuine look of concern.

"Yeah. Sorry, I must have spaced out." I diverted not wanted Lando to know I was thinking about my ex boyfriend.

"That's fine. Perfects overrated anyway. I like a challenge and I can see that you certainly are one." He says a curious glint in his eye. The rest of the lunch went like that. I put it out of my mind and we actually had a good time.

Lando was lovely company and of course very flirty. I couldn't quite gauge him yet. That would take some time.

The day passed and I now found myself sat next to Nadine as we watched an episode of love island. These people were absolutely ruthless. Nads got me hooked on this show, so now we make it a point to grab nandos and a bottle of wine to split while new episodes air.