Assist

20 minutes before arrival of VFA-404 Squadron

On the other side, there was the thunderous roar of anti-aircraft cannon fire and the ear-piercing scream of jet engines. The heavens were shrouded in dense smoke as the projectiles erupted in the skies. Some of the missiles could be spotted launching, leaving a trail of white smoke behind. Two shipgirls found themselves in a pitched battle, desperately trying to fend off the relentless onslaught of enemy aircraft.

 Two shipgirls found themselves in a pitched battle, desperately trying to fend off the relentless onslaught of enemy aircraft

"Enterprise! Six o'clock!" 

hollered one of them as a missile locked onto their position, hurtling straight toward them. The two shipgirls swiftly executed evasive maneuvers, narrowly avoiding the incoming missile that plunged into the water and erupted into a colossal explosion. Cleveland, her heart pounding, momentarily turned to scan the turbulent sky. Siren planes continued to circle menacingly overhead, their jet engines howling ominously. She then shifted her gaze back to her friend.

"Enterprise!" Cleveland exclaimed worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"Ugh... those sons of bitches!!!" Enty winced with pain all over her body

"Enterprise! You're already running on empty! We gotta bug outta here!" Cleveland urged with a look of concern etched on her face. But Enterprise's expression remained resolute. She had this unyielding fighting spirit, and nothing seemed to shake her.

"No. An order is an order," she said fiercely. "If you wanna pull back, then pull back. I can handle this on my own."

"What?! You're outta your mind! That's a freakin' suicide mission!!" Cleveland protested vehemently.

"Cleveland, we're built for battle. We ain't like humans," she said coldly. "We were made to fight, and we ain't back down. Not for nothin'." The shipgirl with long white hair and decked out in an admiral's uniform stood firm, her eyes locked on the enemy.

"ENTERPRISE, WATCH YOUR SIX!" Cleveland's voice rang out in alarm, her crimson eyes fixed on the impending danger. Two high-speed missiles were closing in on Enterprise's position. But before she could react, Cleveland rushed forward, positioning herself between the deadly missiles and Enterprise.