01.08 | Memories, Bonding, & Trust Issues

chapter | eight

__________

Memories, Bonding, & Trust Issues
__________

"A DEITY IN THE FORCE IS A VERY RARE, YET POWERFUL THING

"A DEITY IN THE FORCE IS A VERY RARE, YET POWERFUL THING." explained Zena. "You could have more than one. For example, you two are a deity in the Force. Your sibling bond is so strong that nothing—not even the Force or even death itself—can break it. It's not always the same thing. Sometimes, the two people can be friends or siblings. Sometimes they can be enemies, and sometimes, they could be soulmates. Now remember, soulmates are never what you think. They can be romantic, friendly, or even sibling-like relationships. However, this is obviously frowned upon in the ways of the Jedi. Because—"

"Jedi cannot have any attachments." recited Anakin and Reyna.

It had been a month into their training, and Obi-Wan and Zena thought it'd be nice to train the Skywalker siblings together. However, none of them had expected for the two siblings to have glowing eyes and being pulled to one another. Which lead to their current conversation.

"We know you two are very close." said Obi-Wan. "And how protective you are of each other. Which is why, I'm afraid, we must separate the two of you."

"WHAT?!"

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

Anakin stood protectively in front of his little sister, glaring at their Masters before them. "You can't take her away from me!"

"It won't be forever." promised Obi-Wan. "We just can't train you two together. Not at least for a few years. The bond between you is strong, and if you two keep training together, the council will kick you both out."

Reyna glanced up at Anakin, fear in her eyes. She had so much fear in her that Reyna did something that no one was expecting.

The wind around them began to pick up and her eyes glowed white.

"Reyna!"

"Calm down!"

Reyna tried to stop, but didn't know how. It wasn't until Anakin pulled her into him that her eyes became normal again and the wind stopped.

"She's the next incarnation." breathed out Obi-Wan.

"What does that mean?" Reyna asked in a quiet, scared voice.

"It means," said Zena, "that just like Anakin, you have a destiny waiting for you. And we must leave soon to start your training."

"Promise that we'll still see each other?"

Zena offered Anakin a small smile. "I promise that every four months, you two shall meet."

Reyna forced the memory back as the ship finally came to view. She made to run toward it, but was pulled back by Zuko, whom latched onto her wrist.