01.05 | Kyoshi Island

chapter | five

__________

Kyoshi Island
__________

THE NOW GROUP OF EIGHT HAVE BEEN FLYING FOR THREE DAYS

THE NOW GROUP OF EIGHT HAVE BEEN FLYING FOR THREE DAYS. The group had divided up on the two bisons. While Aang, Frank, Sokka, and Katara flew on Appa; Reyna, Thalia, Percy, and Leo flew on Hestia. And once Hestia had reunited with her owner, it was rather hard for the bison to leave the girl alone. After all, she was also afraid that Reyna would disappear again. The group were heading to their first stop, which was an island that held giant koi fish. Reyna was too lost in thought, something she seemed to be doing a lot ever since waking up from her deep slumber.

It was clear that there were starting to be more people that are Force sensitive. Whatever her brother had done was being fixed.

"We should land here."

Aang's voice made Reyna jump, for she had not expected it. Thalia eyed the girl beside her before examining the island down below.

Both bison landed on the sandy beach, and everyone climbed off. Now that they were in a warmer place, Reyna didn't need Thalia or Leo transferring heat to her body. Nor did she need the parka Percy had given her. It's about time that she refocuses on the air around her.

"We just made a pit stop yesterday." Sokka pointed out. "Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?"

Katara agreed with her brother. "He's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring."

"Because Appa's tired, aren't you boy?"

At the sound of silence, Aang tried again.

"I said, Appa's tired. Aren't you boy?"

Appa then let out an unconvincing growl, making Reyna snicker.

"Real convincing." snorted Percy.

"Still, hard to argue with a ten-foot magical monster."

Reyna smirked over at Sokka before rushing over to Aang.

Thalia frowned at this. She remembered how it used to be her, Reyna, Aang, Piper, and Jason when Reyna would visit them. And when Piper and Jason weren't around, it'd always be the three of them. Thalia was beginning to think that Reyna was ignoring her, and she couldn't figure out why. Even though they were no longer together, Thalia thought that they'd at least be friends.

"Look!"

Both Aang and Reyna pointed out to the ocean, and that's when they saw it. Giant koi fish jumped out from the water, surprising everyone.

"That's why we're here." Aang informed the others. "Elephant koi. And I'm going to ride one. Katara, you gotta watch me."

"Count me in." smirked Reyna.