01.03 | Prince of Angst

chapter | three

__________

Prince of Angst
__________

REYAN HAD HER SHOULDERS BACK AND CHIN UP, HOLDING HER HEAD HIGH

REYAN HAD HER SHOULDERS BACK AND CHIN UP, HOLDING HER HEAD HIGH. She will not allow an ounce of fear show, for she was not afraid. Her grey eyes took everything in once they made it to the deck of the ship, instantly making mental notes and calculations for later on. Reyna already knew that she could easily escape from the rope around her wrists, but she needed the ship to be far away from the Southern Water Tribe before she could begin her escape plan. Reyna was brought out from her thoughts when the group had stopped walking, the guard guiding her forcing her to a harsh stop, earning him a glare from the Airbender.

The Prince handed the staff to an older man and ordered him to take it to his room. He then turned to Reyna and smirked deviously as he grabbed hold of her face. His tight, warm grip on her face provided enough warmth to travel over Reyna, who was sure that she had started turning blue.

She wasn't too focused on her breathing in order to help warm her up. No, Reyna was focused on coming up with an escape plan.

"I have a few questions for the Avatar."

The Prince then led Reyna down to the cells and forced her into one before locking it. At first, he didn't say anything. He simply observed her, his hands hung loosely by his sides, no longer clenched into fists.

Reyna took note of how calm he was now.

She saw how his eyes traveled down her body, and she mentally cursed at herself for leaving her parka behind on Appa. Her oversized shirt was slipping down one shoulder yet again, exposing her chest wrappings.

Having enough, Reyna broke the silence.

"So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?"

Zuko simply stared at the girl, his next words being spoken softly, surprising the young Skywalker.

"I honestly thought that you'd put up more of a challenge. An actual fight..... Nor did I expect for you to be a girl. My mistake."

"Those aren't questions." scoffed Reyna. "And that's sexist of you. There have been past female Avatars too, ya know."

Prince Zuko rolled his eyes. "I already apologized for my assumptions. In the Fire Nation, we know that any warrior could come from a man or woman."

"Yeah, that much I remember. But what I don't remember is why the Fire Nation began attacking the other nations."

"We didn't attack." Zuko stated. "My great grandfather, Fire Lord Sozin, wanted to spread our power and generosity to the other nations. They're the ones who started the war. We just want to bring peace and balance."