7] break the curse ✧˚

⋆

                                                               ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・₊ ⊹

They arrived back at the castle at sundown. Kunikida and Kenji managed most of the unloading. Dazai was needed somewhere else, leaving Luna with the last member who'd gone on the excursion, whom she hadn't yet met.

"My name is Kyouka Izumi." The black-haired girl introduced as she escorted Luna, her quiet voice reverberating through the dark, hollow halls.

Her uniform looked slightly different from the rest. Rather than the standard navy, button-up suit, she wore a slightly lighter blue kimono.
Luna also noticed instead of the sheathed sword the knights had at their side, she had a smaller knife tucked away by her waist. The girl had a bit of mystery surrounding her aura–something a bit heavy, but Luna couldn't quite place it yet.

They entered a set of double-doors into a bedroom. Luna froze, awestruck for a moment. The room was spacious, the walls incredibly detailed with an elegant, blue patterned wallpaper and cream-colored trimmings. The ceiling was high and painted with angelic murals. It was hard to believe it was a mere vacant guestroom.

Luna advanced further into the room, nearing the large windows. The long, silk, white curtains were slightly pulled back, allowing a sliver of moonlight to filter through and illuminate the room, including the large, canopy bed right in the center of the room.

The bed was high and had a white, lace curtain, similar to that of the window's curtains, lining the rim, a small opening at the side. The sheets were a deep blue with white accents, and the framing was of a rich, dark brown wood.

"And.." Kyouka turned in the doorway, getting ready to leave. "The King wants to speak with you tomorrow morning, so rest up."

Luna stared at the girl in silence for a moment.

"..The King wants to speak with.. Me?" She repeated, pointing to herself, as if she found the words hard to believe.

"Yes. Because you haven't died yet. He said he wants to go by you to run some tests." Kyouka responded, backing out of the doorway, her blue eyes showing in the space as she shut the door before Luna could say anything else.

Luna laid in bed for about an hour, staring at the ceiling and thinking of things as she waited about for everyone to go to bed. The King wanting to speak to her, the 'tests', and then she began to recall Brigg's words from the tavern.

'..truth is, cool pop had a son..'

'Didn't exactly end well..'

'Youngest was only twenty-one..'

She sat up, the bedsheets pooling around her lap. She yanked them off and stood up, going over to the door and opening it slightly, making sure no one was outside in the hall.

I should help them.. The power's mine.. She thought as she padded through the halls, the pale moonlight coming through the windows acting as her only source of light.

She made it outside and walked down the steps to the shoreline, stopping just in front of the water coming in soft, gentle waves at her feet.

She looked up at the moon. It was at this time of night she'd written in the wishbook to turn human.

All the island's natives were unaware of this new addition to their land. Everyone except these 'armed sea raiders'. Luna turned and looked back at the castle. They wanted to run tests and figure out how they could cure this island through her? She planned to spare them from that trouble.

She entered the water a bit, bracing herself for Marina's upcoming wrath. She knew she was going to be bombarded with all types of questions and possibly lectures, but she figured it was for the best. This was the key to a new life. If she saved this island, there was a possibility both her and Marina could live on it, away from the suffocating shackles of poverty and isolation.

She paused after a moment when she realized nothing was happening. She looked down at one of her feet, lifting it out of the water slightly.

Is it not time yet?..

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to her, in the distance just outside of the castle's garden, there was a certain brunette man sitting on a ledge by the gate. His elbows were propped up on his knees, chin resting upon his hands and his face unreadable as he silently watched the scene unfold.

Why am I not.. turning back?