第九章

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

having a plan set in stone, minghao made it his mission to get as close to the vampire as possible. with more than half a month left he made sure his time would be well spent.

it started when he got up early to cook breakfast for the two.

he basically snuck through the corridor, knowing that the vampire had enhanced hearing considering there has been evidence of the other having abilities.

upon entering the kitchen, he had a plan set in mind.

he now knew that junhui enjoyed chinese food, so why not make a staple breakfast food for the vampire?

by that, minghao means the long process of making congee.

congee with pork and preserved egg (another name would be century egg (neither makes sense))

he gathered the materials needed, surprising himself when he actually located a box of the preserved eggs mentioned prior.

he first washed the rice and put it aside, filling a pot up with water and placing it on the stove for it to boil. minghao stared at the closed pot lid, mind blank as he waited. he snapped out of whatever daydream he was in when he realized that he forgot to find the ground lean pork.

he flipped through the fridge, opening the freezer as well and almost cringing when he did find a bag of frozen pork in the fridge. sighing, minghao dug out another plastic container and put the frozen pork in it, opening the faucet and then letting warm water soak the bag.

he heard the water boiling behind him, so he moved around quickly and poured the washed rice into the water. minghao stirred it slightly and then closed the lid again.

now it was really just a waiting game.

but instead, it was to see if the congee would finish first or if the vampire's keen sense of smell would bring the older into the kitchen before their breakfast would finish cooking.

minghao really hoped it was the former. but if it was the latter, he could talk to the vampire more... it was really a win-win situation for minghao.

he sat down at the kitchen island, eyes on the pot of congee that was boiling away but his mind was floating elsewhere.

he was so deep in whatever daydream that he wasn't even aware that junhui had entered the kitchen area.

"what are you staring at?" goosebumps slide down the back of minghao's neck. he's sure if he didn't straighten his posture immediately, he could probably feel the vampire pressed against his back, the thought immediately made minghao flush.

he's right there, he thought, feeling junhui's breath hit the very edge of his right ear. he was leaning over his shoulder, one hand placed against the counter to hold himself up, though minghao was sure it was another ploy to trap him again.

he feels his mouth go dry.

just why did he have to get so worked up over being near junhui? at this rate, he'll never be able to talk to him!

"i–erm–"

"you've been awfully flustered lately minghao-ssi." minghao doesn't have to look to know there's a taunting behind his words. "i'm sorry?"

"i've noticed you turn different shades of red and pink whenever i'm nearby. is that normal or are you naturally besotted by my beauty?"

minghao said nothing in response, his thoughts jumbled in his head making him unable to piece together a proper vocal reply. so instead, he shuffled the chair away and got up in a hurry, muttering 'i gotta check on the congee' barely leaving his tongue before his back was facing junhui once more.