Chapter 6 || Curious Light

HOYL CRAP GUYS I DID IT
OKAY YES IT IS MARCH BUT I RELEASED THE CHAPTER ON THE DOORS WIKI IN FEBRUARY SO I STILL MADE IT YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Approaching Door 52, Curious heard a melody, upbeat but still calming. It was hard keeping up with Screech's fast pace, honestly... Guiding showed the same, even after they had told Screech to slow down.

    "Jeff! Jeffy-Jeff!" Screech exclaimed, basically punching open the door.

    "AAH! HOLY CANNOLI—" a voice screamed, scaring Curious very badly. "Oh, wait, no. It's just you guys. Sorry, haha..."

    Curi recognized this voice... They cautiously entered Door 52, and was surprised to see a small, shop-like area. It had the similarities to most of the rooms in the Hotel — the light brown planks for flooring; a red wallpaper with a wood trim; the elegant wooden pillars reaching the ceiling; and the drawers and bookshelves on the left and right sides of the room.

    What was different, however, was the small shop to the west. There was a hanging wooden sign above it, dangling from the ceiling. On it, written in black drippy paint, were the words: Jeff Shop. A pitch black alcove was present; three crates with wooden planks formed something of a table counter. There were four items on the countertop: A radio (seemingly the source of the upbeat jingle), a lighter, a capsule of Vitamins, a flashlight, and a key of some sort.

    To the east, another small table was made with crates and planks. This one had two chairs beside it, each taken by two entities.

    "Okay, okay, okay! Jeff, this is Curious; Curious, this is Jeff!" Screech said excitedly.

    "We know each other, Screech," Jeff replied with a chuckle. "Nice to see you again, Curious!"

    "Nice to see you too... Jeff." Curious remembered Jeff vividly — he had asked them about their humanoid form during Curi's introduction. (They've gotten more comfortable with their human-like self, Curious realized.)

    "Hola, hombre!" another voice said. Looking, they noticed a goblin-like creature with large, yellow eyes. He was only wearing a pair of torn, brown shorts. "Whos this new düd, Light?"

    "Oh! You two haven't met yet," Guiding exclaimed. "Curi, El Goblino; El Goblino, Curious."

    "Hey-ey! Good to see you then, Curious!" El Goblino said. "Oh, come on, Bob. Say hello, will ya'?"

    Curious assumed the skeleton in the other chair was Bob. No words came out of him.

    "He's a bit shy at first — but stick with him long enough and he'll be chattering away, hombre!"

    The golden specter waved slightly, unsure of what to think of the two entities.

    "I've heard about the tour, Light!" Jeff exclaimed. "I suppose that's why you're here?"

    Guiding nodded. "Correct. I assume Void told you?"

    "Yep!" Jeff then turned to Curious. "By the way, welcome to my shop!" he exclaimed. "It's made as a safe place for guests, so feel free to chill here for a while!"

    "Thanks..." Curious mumbled.

    "Oh! Also, Guiding, any new guests yet?" Jeff asked.

    "Not as of now," the cyan specter replied. "Void will alert all of us if anyone comes by.

    Curious picked up the odd-looking key from Jeff's stand. It didn't look like a normal key — like the ones that were usually used for Locked Rooms. It had a skeleton face on top of the actual key itself, and it gave the specter a feeling of mystery and familiarity.