Swordsman Accompanying a Demon - 6

Nezuko finished putting on the last of her uniform. She slipped on her haori and noticed the dark scar on her left arm. It was in a messy shape of a dark red vine that traveled up to her elbow from her wrist. She didn't know if she wanted to flaunt the scar or not, so she let it be. 

She wore a skirt that went above her knees and, honestly, it was pretty short to fight in. Nezuko decided that she would try and make the best out of it. The worst thing about this uniform was that it was open-chested. She didn't know if it was required for female Demon Slayers, so she decided to keep it. She did feel uncomfortable forcibly flaunting herself, though.

Discomfort aside, she tied her stockings on her legs and slid her sword's sheath into her belt. She looked herself over in the mirror, turning around to see how it looked on her. Overall, the uniform looked pretty nice.

"Have you gotten changed?" Urokodaki called from the main room of the hut.

"Yes," Nezuko replied, tidying the room a little bit before exiting her room to go greet her sensei.

Upon seeing her revealing uniform, Urokodaki sighed and shook his head. Nezuko had a bad feeling. Did he not like her uniform? Well, to be fair, Nezuko didn't like it either.

"Nezuko, there are a few things I must explain to you now that you're starting out with the Demon Slayer Corps," Urokodaki said.

"Right," Nezuko nodded, smoothening out her skirt.

"That Demon Slayer Corps outfit you're wearing right now is made of a special kind of fabric," He began to explain, "The fabric is quite breathable, yet it repels moisture and won't burn easily. A low-level demon's talons or fangs couldn't even manage to tear that uniform."

"It's that strong?" Nezuko wondered, glancing at the sleeve of the uniform under the haori.

"Also, that Nichirin sword of yours," Urokodaki said. Oh no. Nezuko was dreading his next words, "The colour varies from owner to owner and each hue has unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them.

"So little, in fact, that--"

Nezuko stopped him, her heart pounding with nervousness. Even fear would be the right word to what she was feeling, "So little is know that... what, Urokodaki-sensei?"

"Since so little is known about them, black blades are said to be wielded by swordsmen who'll never go far," Urokodaki continued.

Nezuko wouldn't let her sword's colour determine her future. That couldn't happen, it can't happen. She had a goal, to turn her big brother back into a human, and she was going to achieve it.

"I don't know how I'll do in the Demon Slayer Corps, but I'm going to turn Tanjiro back into a human, no matter what happens," Nezuko said with determination.

"Yes, you're right," Urokodaki said with a hint of content in his voice, "I have faith that you will make that happen."

"Right."

"One more thing," Urokodaki said, reaching from behind him, "Take this."

He placed a wooden box in front of her. It was about the size of her sword. Was this box for carrying weapons?

Upon seeing Nezuko's confused expression, Urokodaki explained the properties of the box, "It's a box to carry your brother in during the day. It's built out of an extremely light wood called 'Cloud Mist Pine.' I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior and make it even more durable."

Oh, she got the point now. She was happy to be able to travel with Tanjiro at all points of the day, whether it be day or night.

"Oh, wow," Nezuko marveled, taking in the beauty of the box. It was built to perfection, "Thank you very much!"