Chapter 8

Next day..

Siya has been called by the Dean office to pay a visit..

She arrives on time and waits for the meeting to begin. Suddenly, she gets to see Arav walking out of the Dean's room..

He purposely avoids making any eye contact and heads towards the elevator...

Siya has become accustomed to his changed demeanour towards her now. Nevertheless, his deliberate avoidance was hard for her to bear! Despite her efforts, she struggles to control her emotions..

**************

After a while, at Dean's cabin..

"Siya I believe you should definitely join back..! You are a bright student, you should give priority to your future!"..suggests the Dean

"Sir, thank you for your concern. This place is priceless for me as well! My Dad gave his 22 years to this university. Lekin Sir, jo is wakt main mehsus kar rahi hoon, shayed hi koi samajh paye! I have been a terrible child Sir! I am not being able to come out of that grief! I am so sorry but I don't think I can manage!"..her voice shakes..

"Dekho beta, Prof. Randhir was one of the main directorial bodies here. Unhone is institution ke liye jo kuch bhi kiya, we will always be grateful! And being his child, you should definitely take his legacy forward! I agree jo hua, woh hona nehi chahiye tha but this has nothing to do with you beta! You have to register this!"

Siya leaves a sigh and lowers her head to contain her emotions..

The Dean comes to the other side to sit beside her..."Think about it and do what is best for you! Make your father proud!"

Siya can't hold it back and have tears in her eyes..."I will try...just allow me few more days Sir.."..she requests..

"I will, only if you promise me that you will genuinely try.."..Dean tries to convince her softly..

She nods her head and that seems quite positive to him already!

**************

Same day..11 pm..

Siya has been thinking to reach out to Arav as she just couldn't handle that ignorance from his end..

She has been taking multiple attempts to dial his number but holds herself back everytime she realises that she should not be getting emotionally dependent on him anymore!

She texts Arjun instead..
"Kaha hai tu?"

Arjun had his phone in his hand only, thus he replies instantly..
"Ghar pe hoon..kyun? Is everything okay?"

She types..
"Waise tou sab theek hai lekin ek problem hai yaar.."

Arjun types..
"Ab kya hua?"

She types..
"Yeh banda mere dimaag se ja kyun nehi raha hai?!"

Arjun types..
"Kaun Arav Sir? Don't tell me tu abhi tak wahi soch rahi hai?! I am sure he had his valid reasons to avoid you! You must have done something wrong!"

She types..
"Fucker! Tu mera dost hai ya unka?!"

He types..
"Dude, I know you by nerves! "

She types..
"Don't get me mad now! Tell me how do I get him out of my mind?!"

He types..
"Let me think..call karta hoon tujhe after dinner.."

She types..
"Hmm.."

Arjun believes in easy solutions. Thus he takes screenshots of this conversation, edits them by covering the "f" words and sends them to Arav and gets his job done..😄