Mom's POV

Few hours went by, mom appeared before us along with two brothers who worked in the shop near our home. She was safe (Thank Goodness). She sat with us and explained what happened to everyone.

Few Hours Ago (Mom's POV)

I reached home after bidding my bye to you both. I was in the shop when the first wave hit, and it was pretty low below my knees. I thought where's this water coming from. By then Anbu ran and came from inside the shop and said Suma amma (not mother in literal sense but a way of talking politely) listen I think we should leave.

I asked Anbu to close the doors of the shop and lock it. He did what I asked for and left for his home. I went upstairs and looked at the parakeets in the cage and was deep in thoughts when the second wave started gushing in. I thought maybe I should leave too and left the home at that point. I didn't lock the door as your father may come. I left the parakeets in their cage. But I guess I made a huge mistake by not letting them free (Sigh... Sad)

I made it to the Panchu Tikrey (Name of the place) and was waiting there with everyone. By the time the third wave hit it was 3/4th the hill and everyone there thought we should move. We started making our way through forest and reached Farm Tikrey and sat on the top. We were able to see the sea water rushing in. We were also worried. Hands clasped in hand we sat praying for our safety.

The fourth wave reached 3/4th height of this hill too. We could see the water height being over the coconut tree. It was frightening. There was a roar along with the wave. It made the situation even more scary. And then the 5th wave of sea water entered it was huge than the previous one. The coconut trees were submerged by now. The water was nearing us and the place. We thought we don't have an escape, and this is the END....

But then a miracle happened. The fourth wave while retreating dragged the fifth wave and the wave didn't get its chance to reach us because of that. We were relieved for a moment. She closed her eyes controlling the tears in her eyes. We all looked at her all in silence.

She then continued but the danger was still there. If a next wave was to hit, we won't be safe anymore and we can't expect another miracle to happen, so we started walking through the forest again and made our way here. I think we are safe now.