Holiday Begins

Uohhhhhhh, I yawned and stretched myself far from necessary (making me feel giddy), blinking rapidly and slowly opening my eyes to realize......

Waaahhhhhh hehehe, it's holidayyyy (Jumping and rolling with joy).

Our school Christmas holidays starts as of today. It's Christmas. I danced and jumped as I left my bedroom and walked down the stairs to ground floor. Huh! Though I am not a Christian for your information but who doesn't like day offs. (HEHE)

I kicked my brother on the way down irritating him, for 'which he shouted Maaa.... See Sona she's kicking me' I laughed and ran from there. He started chasing me and we both landed in front of our mom.

I greeted my mom, Morning when she asked us.

Mom: Sona, Avi how about going to your granny's for the leave this time

Us: Huh! Should we mom? We pondered for a while and replied Yeah why not! Let's go!

Mom: Oh Dear! But I have to look after the shop you and your brother will have to go. I'll ask someone to drop you both off there.

Me: Okay... We both startled her with our synchronized agreement.

She glared at us, and we took off to avoid the scolding.

We (Me and Avi) took a shower, dressed ourselves up and packed the necessary items for the three days stay at Grans.

We both adjusted ourselves in the scooter behind our dad and I turned to look at my home which is a semi RCC building all blue in color. Is it because dad have some obsession with this color why does he always paint it only in this. I thought by myself.

Few Minutes Later

We said our hi to the uncles and aunties we knew on the way to granny and were giggling nonstop. As our dad's scooter came to a stop at our gran's house. I stepped down from the scooter and my brother followed me. We bid our dad a cheerful bye and ran inside the gate towards her house.

Mine and my Granny's house are not far from each other it's just a travel of 10 minutes at max. The house is small wooden house with a normal wooden door in the side for entrance and half sliding folding door in front side which ends at the wooden table attachment to it which is filled with onions, potatoes and some other vegetables I don't know the name of were spread.

She actually runs a small stall where she sells handmade sweets and snacks along with veggies.

There is construction of a cemented house in the back which is under construction since a lot time. I donno when it will be finished.

As I entered the wooden house, I saw the bed in which I sat down my brother was too busy catching up my granny, I feel too shy to talk like him, so I just smiled at her and went inside and sat on the bed with my legs crossed.

I scanned around the house, which I always do anywhere I go other than my own home coz I just can't seem to completely visualize the scene. I noted the red and gray colored antenna TV at the corner which was off not for long as my monkey of a brother turned on as his chit chat with my gran ended and she went to cook for us. He was sort of experimenting it as we have a color Television at our home.

He pushed the plug into the socket and turned the switch on. And was staring at the TV up close looking at his own reflection in it. The red and gray idiot box turned on which excited him as he saw the screen with millions and millions of black dots on the white screen. He started scrunching his nose and twisted the regulator like button and switched channels. Again, the same screen popped. He then tried pulling the antenna open making it showcase its complete length and twisted the regulator and this time a channel came up. He sat next to me on the bed, and we started watching it.

Our Nani (Granny) entered with snacks in her hands, and we watched the program while munching onto them.

The rest of the day we just ate, slept, played with our uncles, fought and played with each other and called it a day.

Good night.