CHAPTER 22 - THE TRUE STORY

A tense silence filled the air, punctuated only by the wind rustling through the ruins. Jayden stared at Luke, his expression a mix of skepticism and frustration. "Whatever it is," he said, his voice tight, "you seem to be dragging this out for no reason."

Lanez Imperia, standing beside Luke, chuckled, a sound that grated on Jayden's already frayed nerves. "Brother," he said, glancing at Luke, "mind if I tell him?"

Luke nodded, his face unreadable. "Go ahead."

Lanez turned to Jayden, his eyes gleaming with a strange excitement. "Jayden," he began, his voice surprisingly gentle, "the Alex you know, the one you raised, the one you consider your son..." he paused, letting the words hang heavy in the air. "He is not who you think he is."

Jayden scoffed. "What are you talking about? Spit it out already."

Lanez ignored him, turning his gaze to the desolate cityscape. "Alex Shadowhart," he continued, his voice low and reverent, "is the fifth member of the Imperia. He is the fifth Imperial of this world."

Jayden's breath hitched. The world seemed to tilt on its axis. "Fifth Imperial?" he croaked, his voice barely a whisper. "You can't be serious."

Leland Imperia placed a hand on Jayden's shoulder, his touch surprisingly solid amidst the surrealness of the situation. "Let him finish, Jayden," he said calmly.

Lanez smiled faintly. "It's natural for you to react this way," he said, his gaze locked on Jayden's. "This revelation is enough to shatter anyone's perception of reality."

Jayden stared at Lanez, his mind reeling. "An Imperial? Alex?" He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to process what he had just heard. It was impossible. Alex, the boy he had raised as his own, a ruler of this world? The very notion seemed absurd.

He opened his eyes, his gaze hardening. "If you're playing some kind of game, Lanez Imperia," he said, his voice laced with anger, "now is not the time."

Lanez shook his head, his smile fading. "I assure you, Jayden," he said, his voice sincere, "I am not playing games. This is the truth, a truth that has been hidden for far too long. But before I explain further, allow me to tell you the story of how this world came to be, the story of the clans, and the story of my relationship with Alex Imperia."

The air crackled with anticipation as Lanez began his tale, his words weaving a tapestry of secrets and lies that would forever change the course of Jayden's life.

HEY!! THANKYOU FOR READING THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER 22!!