Where enemies become allies

Smg3 is startled awake by the worse noise in the world, Smg4's voice. He looks around and they are in some sort of floating island, the last thing he remembers is getting pulled inside the guardian pod, so this must be inside the pod.

They wander aimlessly around the island and find Mario, together they make their way out of it. Nothing makes sense, everything in the pod looks like a glitched video game, they share their concerns as they walk in a city.

"Nothing here is real, i'm sure it's just a coma induced hallucination" Smg3 says, but before any of the others reply he is attacked by a floating eye. The eye pins him against the ground, but 3 is quick to kick it far from him.

"What the hell is that?" Smg4 asks not really expecting an answer.

They don't have much time to contemplate as the eye multiplies in numbers and starts to charge at them again, Mario punches one of the rapidly approaching eyes, it also multiplies.

"STOP HITTING THEM, you're just making it worse" Smg4 says urgently.

"Then what are we supposed to do!? Just let them kill us?" Smg3 replies angrily.

They keep fighting and it doesn't take long until the eyes overwhelm them, but instead of dieing they just get teleported to a void on top of a giant eye. From there things escalate quickly and they end up in a white room with basically nothing in it.

"If this is a hallucination than my brain is really messed up" Smg3 comments to himself.

"It's not a hallucination, idiot! We need to find a way out of here" Smg4 shouts at 3 making him flinch a little.

"Uhhhh" Mario says, as he curiously follows a floating blue box.

The box stops and hits the ground twice before moving away, Smg3 goes up to the place it indicated and opens a trapdoor.

"You sure it's safe?" Smg4 asks.

Smg3 looks back at 4 and out of defiance jumps in, without even bothering to give him an answer. Mario follows right after, and so does Smg4.

This blue box and yellow circle guide them through the pod, they don't know where it is leading them, to but it's certainly better than walking aimlessly.

The apparently sentient objects help them through many obstacles and even distract the enemies that eventually appear. Smg4 is sure that whatever those things are, they surely aren't evil.

After a while of walking around they get in a room with a Morshu meme, the two objects stop near by indicating that they want them to do something. The meme looks at them and waits, but they don't know what to do.

The meme looks at the box which is surprisingly expressive considering it is just a box, it wiggles and moves in a way that indicates the meme to do something.

The meme than walks towards them and makes them hold hands, 3 and 4 are stunned at this, but get even more confused when the meme turns into some kind of energy and goes to the flying objects.

"Why are you gay?" Mario asks somewhere in the background. Both Smg4 and Smg3 ignore the comment in favor of looking at the energy. The two things turn out to be Smg1 and Smg2, 3 isn't very surprised by this turn of events.

"I guess we'll have to teach you two how to use meme energy" Smg2 says.

"We don't have much time so just hold hands and concentrate real hard on making a bridge" Smg1 says, indicating at the door hanging in the void with a bunch of memes floating around.

"HOLD HANDS!?" Both Smg4 and Smg3 say indignantly, they blush a little when they realize they haven't really stopped holding hands since the Morshu meme made them.