Ch.9Xx Interventions Of "Carta" xX

Excuse mistakes.

Ch.9Xx Interventions Of "Carta" xX

"See I know you wouldn't be cut out for in here. You catching feelings and I ain't even say nothing!" He tagged behind me as I tried to get to Donna's car. Running away from the fact that if I didn't do something, me and my girls would be in a really bad position.

"You didn't say nothing?" I turned back to him. "Look 'Slim' you don't know shit about me, to be coming at me when I'm trying to ask you for a job. I just need to make extra money for my babies and and for school man I got a lot of shit on my plate! Okay can you help me or no. It's a simple as that man.

He sighed and the smoke from the streets ran beneath our feet. Tucking his hands into his pockets he clicked his teeth. "Aight. First night, tomorrow, 11 the club opens up."

"I have to work tomorrow."

"Fuck it Do you want this shit or not man!" He said raising his voice at me and Donna climbed out of the car. "I'll work a double Kharter, it's fine. Really. I'll talk to Macie."

I looked at her mouthing a grateful thank you as I looked back at him. "You better be here." He said before he spat to the corner walking back inside. The question was what did I really get myself into tonight.

"Girl you gonna be making money." Donna said as she rubbed my back, climbing back into the car. "God got you. He got us."

The next morning was hectic, and  Mrs.Addison was creeping by my desk every minute like she had something to say. You see the other day when she claimed she had a meeting in the conference room, she and her thug boyfriend for putting H Town's knocking the boots to life and  Nobody else knew but me, seeing I didn't speak to much people in here. She was Cruella, and though she made me feel lower class all the time, I knew she wasn't any better driving a Lincoln, but still had to deal with her hood ways everyday.

Praying people would only see the face she changed to come in here every working day of the week. She was a bitch as it's finest and she hated to see people thriving, so she'd keep us 'ghetto hoodrats' down with her words and her terrorism, but I knew exactly who she was.

She could hide it on the inside but it was still clear as day.

"Kharter, I need to see you in my office." She said and I looked up from my filing and sighed, moving my curls away from my face. Everybody tried to mind their own business but we all knew really and truly nobody did.

"Yes." I said closing in her office door.

"Oh come sit---." She paused smiling mischievously . "On second thought, no. You better stand. Now Kharter, I know that you are very, very young and that every morning you have to take your daughters to school by bus. But do you know that every day you are 20 minutes late."

"Mrs.Addison I'm never 20 minutes la----"

"Ah, are you speaking while I am speaking?" She asked outraged.

"No. I apologize." I adjusted my stance.

"Thank you." She scoffed. "As I was saying, 20 multiplied by 5 days weekly is 100 minutes. 100 minutes multipilyed by 30 days in a month! Oh that's 3000 minutes a month. Do you know how much time is being wasted Kharter! Valuable time. Ad because time is money, you should know I don't play with my time."

I cleared my throat, holding my hands together. "You don't have anything to say about this? Amateur and not surprising."

"I didn't know if it was my turn to speak---"