Ch.7Xx The Saving Soldier xX

"You sure you want to wait Kharter? You don't even know him." Donna asked touching my arm.

"It's okay. I'm going to wait."

"Okay, I'll take them with me." She said as Hakeem held Lexy over his shoulder and she held Leila.

"Make sure they're okay. I'll pick them up after."

"That's aight, we gonna drop em off whenever you reach home." Hakeem said and nodded thanking him as I watched them walk away.

My clothes were sweaty and my hair was tangled as I sat in the waiting room of the Hospital, waiting for 'Slim' to return. I didn't feel right just going about my business when the guy saved me before he saved his own brother.

It just didn't feel like it even happened. Normally I would have left and said it was none of my business but after he saved me, I couldn't be the selfish Kharter I always am tonight. I just couldn't.

It was late morning , around 2am and the Hospital was pretty dead, besides the people who had heard about it already around the block an who came to spectate and then there was the same guys who always hung out with Slim, I guess they were a gang, because they looked alike, dresses a like and even sounded alike.

They were giving me a nasty eye the whole time, which made me feel so uncomfortable and like I shouldn't have been here. But I wasn't leaving until I knew if his brother was dead or alive. I owed him some thanks, and gratefulness, for saving me because if he didn't push me out of the way I would've been dead, and what would have happened to my daughters?

I've got nobody, nothing but them and my dreams. And I'm just trying to hold on.

"Aye man let's go."I looked up saw him call out to his crew submerging from the hallway of the hospital room and His clothes were bloody and his yes were sad.

"Man what you mean let's go? He aight?" One of his friends asked.

"Man no he ain't aight. He dead. What you think?" He shouted chucking back his friend, I gasped jumping from his bossy voice.

They all silenced as he looked around at them. "They got him aight? They killed my brother man." He said hanging his head before he walked off towards a wall punching it angrily. I jumped looking at his aggression as he pounded the wall.

"Hey, we're going to have to ask you guys to leave if you aren't seeing someone." The hospital's security announced.

"Man fuck you! Fuck this stupid ass hospital too. Y'all ain't fight to save him cause you think we hood niggas. Fuck y'all!" He said pushing back the security, causing him to tumble to the floor.

I stood there gulping. He threatened to kick him, but he just turned away walking throughout the door, while all of his gang followed behind him.

I quickly walked trotting behind them trying to get to him.

"Hi-Hi." I said stepping infront of him.

His eyes were teary and his veins in his neck were bulging. All his friends stood around watching me, probably wondering what I was doing here.

"I'm so sorry about your brother. I'm really sorry." I said with tears streaming down my cheeks, suddenly being reminded of how I lost my parents.

"It's aight." He said pushing me out of the way heading to their cars.

I followed behind him wiping my face trying to not be too soft, so he wouldn't think he could disrespect me. I gently grabbed his arm, pulling him back to me. "I really am. I know how it feels to lose something. I'm really sorry."

"I owe you an apology, for how bitchy I've been. I just have a lot going on. I'm so sorry. It happened so fast and you didn't have to save me, but you did and I just wanted to thank you. So sorry." I said , as he stared at me with the blankest expression.

"Thank you." I said and the awkward began to choke me so I wrapped my arms around his bulky back hugging him quickly saying. "Thank you."

Before I released him. Feeling like he really didn't care for my gratitude. I don't know why I stayed anyway, Donna was right I don't even know the guy.

He looked around at his friends, as they stared, making stupid comments. "Slim you fucking her? Cause we gotta go." This skinny one said and I frowned at him.

I hated when people disrespected me, it made me feel worthless, I never could bite my tongue. " Dumbass little scrawny bitch." I said and his eye twitched .

"You skinny as shit too bitch, so what make us different? " He asked, stepping towards me, as they tried to calm him down.

"I was going to say maybe cause your daddy want me but you're such a bitch I'm starting to think he wants you too." I said before he lightly chuckled then he sprang towards me, punching me in the mouth.

I stumbled over, lunging onto the ground as the blood dripped from my mouth. I held onto my mouth, as I felt my eyes get glassy.

"Man fuck you do that for! Get y'all punk asses in the car. Call Ray, you shoulda been doing that instead of hitting her man. B dead man and y'all still acting dumb." Slim spoke and I sobbed wiping my mouth in my work attire.

I pushed my hair behind my ear as I walked away into the darkness, of the parking lot. I so badly wanted to attack him, but I thought against it.

"Aye, where you going?" Slim shouted to me .

"J-Just leave me alone, I'm sorry I have to go."

He followed behind me before I felt his hand grab me. "Where you going?"

"I have to get home. I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry about your brother."

"He ain't my real brother, we just call each other that."

"Oh." I said looking at him.

"He my nigga.The one who hit you is my real brother." He said touching my mouth and I stared at him feeling weird as he looked at my face.

"Well then you must be a woman beater too." I said pulling my face away from him.

"I'm alotta things but I ain't that. You just can't play with Ribbz. He hit anybody." He said as I hugged myself stepping away from him.

"I won't then. I have to go."

"Let me take you home. Come with us."

I scoffed . "You're joking right? To get killed? I know where y'all are going. To get the gotters and I have to stay alive for my babies."

He smirked looking at me through the darkness. "You one of them females. Mean for no reason. My brother dead and you can't even give me a break."

"I'm mean for a lot of reasons. And you said he isn't really your brother." I said before I stared at him backing away.

"Cool." He said tucking his palms into his pants.

"You saved me but I still don't want anything to do with you."

I didn't want to go anywhere with him, I just wanted to show that I was thankful he happened to be there. If he wasn't at the diner none of this would have happened.

I turned around walking down the corner as my view of him was lost, I didn't want to affiliated with him if his people were getting gunned down intentionally. He saved me, but I couldn't be around him.

I know the chaps are short, Its how I want them to be for a reason. Book will end around chap 25. Like it so far? What do you think about characters?