Chapter 9

The Russos were not known for resting, and soon enough, the household was abuzz with excitement about the next big family outing.

Lorenzo, always the strategic planner, gathered everyone around the kitchen table, and a map unfolded in front of him. "Alright, Russo clan, our next adventure awaits. We've conquered the beach; now, let's set our sights on the great outdoors."

Elijah, raised an eyebrow. "Are we hiking, Lorenzo? I hope it's not too dangerous for the little one."

Lorenzo flashed a mischievous grin. "Fear not, Doctor Russo. This time, we're heading to the enchanted forest!"

Alessandro, intrigued by the prospect of nature inspiring his art, leaned in. "Enchanted forest, you say? Sounds like a painter's paradise."

Xander, pumped his fist. "Count me in! What kind of enchanted creatures do you think we'll encounter?"

Matteo, chuckled. "Xander, enchanted forests don't usually come with mythical creatures. It's more about the tranquility of nature."

Luca, "Tranquility? Boring! I hope there are at least some magic mushrooms or talking animals."

Isabella, trying to keep the chaos in check, added, "Well, Lorenzo, an enchanted forest it is. Just make sure we're back before dinner. We can't have Emily turning into a forest fairy."

 All eyes turned to the littlest member of the clan. Emily, dressed in a delicate white dress adorned with tiny floral patterns, looked like a bona fide forest fairy. The Italian words used to describe her ensemble were "incantevole" (enchanting) and "fiabesco" (storybook-like).

The dress, reminiscent of an Italian summer garden, featured fluttering sleeves and a twirly skirt that danced with every step Emily took. A matching bow adorned her wispy curls, securing the charm of the forest around her head. The family couldn't help but utter approving exclamations in Italian like "bella" and "adorabile" as they marveled at their little fairy.  (I put an image up for the dress but you can imagine it however you want. Honestly i would prefer the color purple)

Isabella, beaming with pride, spoke the loudest, "Guardate la nostra piccola fata! Che tesoro!" (Look at our little fairy! What a treasure!) Francesco, equally enamored, nodded in agreement, "È davvero uno spettacolo." (She truly is a spectacle.)

Lorenzo, the orchestrator of the enchanted forest adventure, chuckled, "Emily, sei la nostra fata del bosco personale." (Emily, you are our personal forest fairy.) His Italian words added a touch of familial warmth to the enchantment of the day.

Even the brothers, usually masters of mischief, couldn't resist showering Emily with praises in their native tongue. Alessandro, commented, "La tua vestizione è un capolavoro, piccola principessa." (Your outfit is a masterpiece, little princess.) Luca, added, "Sembri una vera principessa fiabesca!" (You look like a real fairytale princess!)

"Chop chop, everyone! We gotta start packing. We have to look presentable for Miss Emily. Wouldn't want to disappoint now, would we?" Francesco said with a wink directed to Emily.

"No sir", all the Rucco brothers said at the same time. Emily's innocent giggles filled the room as she observed the synchronized response from her brothers.

Francesco, trying to maintain order, called out, "Alright, everyone, let's focus. We're going to need food, water, and most importantly, a sense of direction."

Lorenzo, was busy meticulously organizing the supplies. "I've got the trail mix, water bottles, and compass. Now, where did I put the bug spray?"

Elijah, with his trusty first aid kit in hand, "Don't forget the band-aids and antiseptic wipes. We don't want any boo-boos ruining our adventure."

Alessandro, added with a grin, "And let's not forget the selfie stick. We need to document our survival skills for posterity."

Xander, scanning the room for the missing flashlight, joked, "Anyone seen the flashlight? Last I saw, it was busy hiding from Matteo's guitar serenades."

Matteo, rolling his eyes, retorted, "Hey, my guitar playing is a work of art. Maybe the flashlight just needed some musical inspiration."

Luca, emerged from behind the couch with the elusive flashlight in hand. "Found it! Turns out it was hiding under the map. Must've been camera shy." 

"Holy cow were did u come from Luca, you scared the shit out of me" ,said allesandro

 "Alright, everyone, let's get it together. We're not preparing for a comedy show or opening a circus (she says that while looking at Xavier and Luca), we're going on a nature hike."

"Alright, let's do a final check for Emily's things," Francesco announced, holding up a checklist. "Diapers?"

"Got 'em!" Lorenzo called from the living room.

"Blankets?"

"Right here!" Elijah shouted from the kitchen.

"Toys?"

"Check!" Alessandro chimed in from the hallway.

"Sunscreen?"

"Got it!" Xander replied from upstairs.

"Baby wipes?"

"Check!" Matteo called from the bedroom.

"Extra clothes?"

"Check!" Xavier answered from the backyard.

"Baby carrier?"

"Right here!" Luca yelled from the front porch.

As they finalized their preparations, Francesco glanced around the bustling household, a smile playing on his lips. "Alright, everyone, let's not forget the most important thing. Has anyone seen Emily?"

The brothers paused in their tasks, exchanging puzzled looks. "I thought she was with you!" Lorenzo called out, poking his head out from behind the couch.

Elijah, still rummaging through the kitchen cabinets, shook his head. "Not here. Maybe she's with Mom?"

Isabella, who had been quietly observing the chaos, chuckled. "Nope, not with me. Luca, did you leave her in the car again?"

Luca, who had been double-checking the baby carrier, rolled his eyes. "Come on, guys, you know I wouldn't forget our little princess. Emily's right here!" he exclaimed, lifting the carrier with a sigh. (poor Luca)

Relieved laughter filled the room as Isabella shook her head fondly. "Alright, everyone, let's load up the car, including Emily this time. We've got a forest waiting for us!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back I promise you guys the next chapter will be the continuation and it will be more fun, funny ,and adventurous. They are going to do many activities and have so much fun so join me and them for their next adventure.

By the way for anyone confused about Emily's age she is around 9-10 months old ( I know i didn't specify before). Some of you might think that her walking and saying her first word is early for her but i searched it its logical and its a story so its fine. 

Right now they are just enjoying as a family. Sooo thats why in the coming chapters they are exploring, trying new things with their princess and just chilling. 

There are sooo many interesting things to come like her birthday and her family discovering her allergies (that will be fun to write) and movies nights, MANY more to come. 

Adios Amigos, until next time 🫡