Chapter 14

Inviting Leah to stay longer, sit down, and chat was definitely the biggest mistake I've made so far. As she takes a seat on my sofa, I walk to the kitchen and offer her a drink, to no surprise she accepts gladly. Even though the purpose of her now sitting on my sofa was to talk about the issues causing that whole scream-fest, we seem to avoid the topic as though it were the plague. Soon enough, we even gave up on pouring the whiskey into our own respective glasses, and just turned to passing the bottle back and forth between the two of us.

"God, I hate myself for this." She sighs into the bottle, taking another sip of it.

"For showing up at my place asking me to stop dating?" I question drunkenly.

"I didn't- fine, okay, I did and yes." She hands me the bottle, "I don't even know what made me think coming here would be a good idea to begin with."

"Usually I'm the one making bad choices, it's a nice change of pace to see you adopting that pesky habit of mine."

She only hums in agreement. "How did all of this even start?" She says as she leans back against the sofa, her head pointed towards the ceiling.

"You decided to make me your personal punching bag? Gave me stupid chores to do and then... you know... the relentless teasing." I groaned out at the memory of my first few weeks here.

She laughs, "and you showed up, your perfect body, your abs showing any time you wiped away your sweat, the cute furrow of your brow when you were focusing..." She trails off, "You're distracting."

"Still, you're relentless with the torture." I take a sip from the bottle, closing my eyes as I do so. Taking in the sweet warmth of the liquid.

I open my eyes to catch her staring at me. Her gaze lingering longer than necessary, flashing between the trail of alcohol that is falling from my lips, back up to meet my eyes. All of a sudden, I'm small and vulnerable again, that is the kind of hold that she has on me. One that could manipulate me in any way she liked.

"You're the one who agreed to the contract." She says.

"I thought you'd chill out if you knew the stakes were higher."

She shakes her head with a smirk, "no you didn't."

"No, I didn't... but either way we made a mess of things." I admit with a small smile on my face.

She nods her head, "Yes we have."

There is nothing worse than the overwhelming feeling that everything you have done has led to total chaos.

"Think, if you'd never teased me the way you did, I'd just be your amazing teammate, and you'd be the girl with the scary demeanour and insane talent, and I would be able to go home and not think twice about you. Everything would be normal." I ponder the thought of what 'normal' would've been like. Normal, normal, normal.

"Think, if you had never kept that secret about Raso I wouldn't have anything to tease you about."

I hum as I take another sip, "Wait- you never told me, how did you find out about that?" I question, taking advantage of her drunken state to find the answer to a question I've been wondering about for some time now.

"You may think that you were sly, Y/N, but there's always chinks the armour." She says with a smirk on her face. I raise my eyebrow, encouraging her to continue. "Remember when someone walked in on you two before a match one day?"

"How do you know about that?" I ask back.

"I will take that as a yes, Raso confided in a friend, who told a friend of mine who told me. Little slip in the secret made it quite far."