Chapter 2

Large, perfectly green, and trimmed fields. Painted lines fresh and ready to be played on. Groups of intimidating professionals gathered around the training pitch. Each of them is so skilled and perfect at their craft. The scent of cold air and freshly cut grass lingers. The chatter of the small groups fills the otherwise silent atmosphere.

Arsenal W.F.C.

The team of my dreams.

Me and Caitlin make our way to the sideline, having managed to get to the field following Leah's instructions, glad we only had to follow a door and straight shot hallway, rather than the maze of the rest of the facility. We ended up standing near a lone player, arms crossed across her chest as her eyes stayed focused on the pitch in front of her until she heard us walk up.

Her scowl lifted to a light smile when she saw me and Caitlin walking near her. "Welcome Y/LN and Foord." Her Irish accent thick as she pronounced my last name.

"Hi thanks." I smile back with a little wave. "It's really awesome to meet you Katie, glad to be here" Caitlin greeted Katie as I turned to survey the training pitch. It is so much more real now. I'm here.

I zone back into reality by seeing Caitlin become expressive with whatever she was talking about. I immediately wanted to die when I finally caught what it was that Caitlin was telling Katie, "... and then she was like 'not having spatial awareness'" to which she almost fell over laughing at.

Katie looked up at me with a glimmer in her eye and a smirk on her face. "Why didn't I get a fun introduction like that Y/N?" she winked as Caitlin assured her that she didn't get one either. "But anyways, you've got nothing to worry about. I know that woman like the back of my hand and I have known her forever. She just seems like she's mad, you've got nothing to worry about."

"You will if you keep it up though!" Caitlin made sure to assure me. She is too amused by such a hopefully miniscule event. I flipped her off and turn to where the rest of the team was beginning to gather for practice.

"Alright we're going to start with just some passing warmups. Everyone grab a partner." Caitlin and I make eye contact and nod to confirm our match up. That is, until Katie comes bounding over to us.

"Foord you're with me" she says throwing her arm around Caitlin's neck. She then turns her attention to me, "Y/N, Leah requested to be your partner over there." My eyes followed her finger to the stoic blonde watching me from across the group.

"Good luck clumsy" Caitlin giggled at me before walking away with Katie whose arm was still draped around her neck.

---

I somehow managed to walk confidently over to where Leah stood across the grouped-up players. Yet, she stands there watching me with her arms folded, clearly already unimpressed with me. Her blonde hair sat in a high ponytail, a few strands of hair were left out and sat perfectly on the sides of her face.

As she stood there looking almost menacing, I couldn't help but notice how naturally gorgeous she was. Her red training shirt sat on her strong shoulders and frame perfectly, almost looking like she could have been sculpted to perfection out of marble.

"You have an impressive resume, easily the best on the Thorns... you're a good player Y/N." She basically states the obvious.

"Thank you." I reply nervously.