13.That damn nickname always gets me

Matt's POV:

While I was looking around the store I ended up where the vinyls and cds were. I started looking through the vinyls to see if I could find one that Ellie would want. I had an Evermore vinyl in my hands when I spotted the one vinyl she would faint from if she saw it. The Angel Face Stephen Sanchez vinyl she's been talking about ever since she introduced me to his music.

I can't contain the excitement showing on my face when I find her. She has an arm full of books when she turns around to face me. "Hey, Matt!" She sees that I'm hiding something behind me and tries to see what it is. I quickly turn away from her. "What did you find, weirdo?"

"put those books down and close your eyes," I tell her. She eyes me suspiciously as she sets the stack of books down on the little table next to her. "What are you up to?" She shuts her eyes and laughs. "You'll see, now hold out your hands." Her face scrunches up in confusion, eyes still closed as she does what I say.

She's gonna freak out when she sees this. I place the vinyl in her hands. Her fingers close around the edges. "Ok." I smile. "Open your eyes."

Her eyes land on me first, then she looks down at what she's holding. She lets out a loud gasp as she examines the vinyl in front of her. "Oh my god!" She yells. She realizes how loud she just was and smacks a hand to her mouth. Everyone is looking at us confused, which causes me to laugh.

She puts a hand to her chest, exhaling dramatically. "I wasn't expecting them to have this here," she says.

"Yeah me neither. I was gonna bring you the Evermore vinyl they had but I saw that one and knew I had to show you," I say.
"Boy, you should have brought that one too." She laughs. I nod in the direction of the vinyls. "Well come on, let's go get it." I roll my eyes, laughing.

I glance at the stack of books she was holding when I found her. They're sitting on the table next to us. I reach over to pick them up. "Here I'll carry these books for you," I say. She giggles. "Such a gentleman." I smile, but then she kisses my cheek. My smile quickly turns into an expression of shock that she doesn't see. "Thanks Matty," she says as she starts walking.

That damn nickname always gets me. Her voice echos in my head "thanks Matty."

I slowly follow after her, the feel of her lips still on my cheek. I feel like I may fall over any minute.