Marry Me? (Tom x Reader)

The level of delusional I am for this man is unreal

You and Tom have been dating for a few months, but one night you come home late and hes sat on a sofa in the living room with a glass of wine in his hand and the TV’s playing in the background

“Where were you.” He says in a snarky tone

"It's a surprise"

He raises an eyebrow

“A surprise? You expect me to believe that?” he sounds skeptical as he takes a sip of his wine.

“I called you several times, where were you?”

"If I tell you then it ruins the surprise"

He snorts

“I'm not an idiot; I know you weren't out getting me a surprise… “

his voice is still skeptical as he finishes off his wine.

"Yes, I was"

He rolls his eyes and stands up

“If you were actually out getting me a surprise, prove it... Tell me what it is.”

"I can't! Then it will be ruined!"

He lets out an irritated sigh and slams his glass down on the table.

“Ok I'm calling bullshit… I don't care what surprise you think you were getting me when I was trying to call you earlier because something is clearly wrong. So spit it out.”

"Tom please! Just give me until tomorrow night to have the surprise ready. If it isn't done by then, I'll tell you"

He glares at you and crosses his arms.

“You're really gonna try to convince me that you have a legitimate surprise planned? You better be telling the truth because if you're bullshitting me about this, I'm gonna blow my top.”

"I swear it's true"

*Time Skip to the next night.*

You walk in holding two boxes and smile at tom.

" I told you I had a surprise."

Tom is sitting on the couch watching tv and sipping wine, there are wine stains on his shirt as he glares up at you.

“Fine, what's the mystery surprise?”

He looks slightly hesitant as he speaks since you've let him simmer with curiosity all day.

You hand him the small box first and he opens it to see a hand made silver watch.

His expression softens ever so slightly when he opens the box, he seems genuinely surprised.

“Is this…” *He mutters as he pulls the watch out of the box* “For me?”

"Of course it is!"

He looks at you with a wide smile and holds the watch up with both hands.

“It’s… beautiful.”

He says with a slight catch in his voice.

"There's one more"

You hand him the other box. He opens it and finds two rings inside with writing on the lid that says 'I know the rolls are reversed in asking here but....marry me?'

Tom freezes when he sees the rings, the wide smile plastered on his face disappears as his jaw drops. His eyes widen in shocked disbelief, he stammers for a moment as he struggles to process his emotions.

“You're joking…”

You start to look nervous but still smile.

"I'm serious"

He slowly looks up from the ring, a wave of mixed emotions washing over his face as he looks at you.

“Are you… proposing to me?”

"well you clearly couldn't take a hint sooo...."

His jaw drops again as he stares at you and the ring in disbelief, his eyes start to shine and his breathing becomes shallow

“Are you crazy... I- you - you want to mar—“

he stops abruptly when his voice breaks and he looks away to wipe away a tear, as he tries to regain his composure as you sit next to him and hug him.

You can feel his chest rising and falling rapidly from the effort to hold in his tears, he doesn't move and holds tightly onto you as he tries to hold his emotions back. He seems stunned, as though he might have been convinced this was all just an elaborate prank.

"Take your time. I know this was unexpected."

Tom lets out a small, shaky sigh as the realization hits him, his eyes finally spill over with tears and he lets out a heavy sob. He lets out a small laugh through his tears as he tightens his grip around you.

“I… I -“

He starts to laugh through the tears, his entire body shaking...

“God you’re insane… You're the craziest person…”

"No, I'm just crazy over you."

All of the emotion rushing through his body makes it impossible for him to control his tears, he presses his face into your shoulder as his whole body starts to tremble. Every cell in his body trembles and feels as though its on fire, his arms are around you but he’s unable to even get the words out of his mouth without sobbing.

"it's okay baby. I'm here. Take your time"

You tell him while kissing his cheek

He can’t help but smile from the kiss, even though he’s trying to fight the tears. He finally manages to pull himself together enough to speak, his voice is shaky but he tries to keep it together

“I think I just need to hear it one more time... You’re proposing to me?”

"That's exactly what I'm doing."

His eyes soften as he looks into yours, he takes in a shaky breath and looks down at the rings in his hands. His breath catches again and he looks back up at you with pure joy in his eyes.

“God... I-“

His voice breaks as he struggles to contain his emotions

“Yes, Yes! I will marry you.”

He hugs you tightly and presses his face into your neck.

"I love you, Tom"

He looks at you lovingly as he pulls away slightly. Even though he's been overwhelmed by the entire situation, all that matters now is you.

“I love you too” He says softly